• Doubletree hotel--2 person is $149, 3 or 4 person $159

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crowne Plaza--starting at $132/night

• other--Please specify

• Total voters
Hey all,

I thought I needed to post this publicly.

I will not be joining you at WWC this year, sad to say. Things are just a mess right now.
On Father's day my sisters and I sorted the remaining items of my dad's for retrieval and/or disposal.
I'm still in the midst of this lawsuit with a former friend and bandmate- which goes to trial on
August 28th, so send a prayer up for me, all you xenomorphs and preds.

Due to these circumstances, my costume has not been fully completed, and finances are scarce.

I won't be on the list much, but I'll check in from time to time.

Hope you all have fun. I'll be thinking about you!

peace, y'all...

Steve

p.s. Thanks, Stan Winston, for Aliens...

Well, aaron, you were my last hope :(

Steve, such a shame that you can't join the fun.

Then again, I'm not sure I can, either.

Me and a friend have an indiana jones event on the friday of the con here in town, so...

If I'm really lucky, something might happen, but I just don't know.

If someone could maybe check the cost on Alex Ross's and Todd Mcfarlane's autographs and if they cheap (or possibly free) get me one, I'd love it. my comic-style batsuit was based around Ross's design, so...

Man, this totally sucks. :(

I go through the trouble of seeting this up and I can't even see it come to life. :(

plus the autograph thing.....

Maybe we should just arrange a "because we can" get-together, eh?

At most conventions, the lesser costing autographs range in the $15-30 area. The bigger names or ones more rare to make convention appearances usually are in the $40-75 range typically.

I just hope I don't mess up... this is the first outing as this character and I'm having to borrow some of it from a friend.....

Should have pics either tonight or tomorrow....

Don't worry about "messing up", as long as you have fun then that is all that counts. There will always be somebody who can do something better than another, but as long as your having fun that doesn't matter.

well, day 1 is said and done and I did very well. :(

I had a bunch of fun, people loved it, and I'm looking at a check for $100 in my hand right now...... the $50 comes after the parade tomorrow. :(

I want you all to show up at the WSOS Sign Shop Booth, That is where you will find Chuck and Myself hanging out! I belive we will be dressing saturday for sure. I know for sure that Mr. Fett will be there for sure!
That 3 Preds!

Cant wait to meet you guys!

that three, plus macguyver and dahtoudi, so that's 5... I'd make 6.....

Not as cool as the 11 preds, 1 alien we originally had, but it'll still be one awesome sight to see. :(

Alrighty, due to a local 501st member heading out to this on Saturday, I'm going to get to go *does happy dance*

So... I should be at the con center around 8:30-ish.... I'm goign to get the finishing touches on my pred and I'll have my jedi as well...

Where can I meet up with you guys during the day?

To my understanding Macguyver, Dahdtoudi, and myself are going into the con suited up in the morning (I could be wrong, that's just what I thought is going on)....plus it will kinda be hard to miss the preds aside from the others costumers that will be there o_O

plus it will kinda be hard to miss the preds aside from the others costumers that will be there o_O

Unfortunately, at Wizard this can happen quite easily, more easily than many other cons. That convention hall is so huge that I've been there and not even seen other costuming friends I knew were in the building for the entire day I was at the con. Especially Saturday, which is shoulder to shoulder busy in the early afternoon. If you're costuming, you kinda seem to get stuck in one area, and it's too hard to move quickly around to different areas of the convention floor.

Unfortunately, at Wizard this can happen quite easily, more easily than many other cons. That convention hall is so huge that I've been there and not even seen other costuming friends I knew were in the building for the entire day I was at the con. Especially Saturday, which is shoulder to shoulder busy in the early afternoon. If you're costuming, you kinda seem to get stuck in one area, and it's too hard to move quickly around to different areas of the convention floor.

Oh wow, I had no idea it was that busy. Still, it sounds like uber fun. When you say "stuck in one area" do you mean surrounded by people with cameras or you just can't move because it is so crowded?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back