Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doubletree hotel--2 person is $149, 3 or 4 person $159

• Crowne Plaza--starting at $132/night

• other--Please specify

• Total voters
honestly dude its not fair for someone else to have to pay a certain amount in the cut and you not have to

we all agreed to an equal cut even you

if you cant afford it then why bother?

i jus dont think thats fair thats all

but unless kari is okay with that then maybe you should start saving up cause its right around the corner and will be here before you know it

....considering he's the one who started the whole "hey everybody, let's split a hotel room" thread in the first place....

I gotta agree w/ the previous three posts here. We already previously agreed the cost will be split equally by everyone who's planning to stay in these 3 rooms each night. If it means sacrificing one or two things for your costume that you haven't yet purchased, well...then ya gotta do what ya gotta do to do what's right.

WWC is coming up soon, but there's still plenty of time left to figure out who's still all in for this hunt. Although, it'd probably be best to get another head count during the next few weeks to double check w/ everyone about their plans for attending WWC. This should help us to figure out exactly who will be staying in the 3 temporary hunting lair's (aka "rooms") at the Hyatt, of which, have already been reserved so very generously in advance by Dahdtoudi. :unsure:

Once we know for sure who's still going and plans to stay w/ us at the Hyatt, we'll be able to get a better idea of how many per room ans what the est shared costs will be for each person. That way, if anyone's plans have changed over these past few months and can't make it to WWC, we'll still have ample time to find someone else willing/able to join in w/ the rest of us staying at the Hyatt.

If we do need any extra people to fill these rooms, I've got at least one friend (maybe two) willing to jump in should anyone need to back out at the last minute. But since this has all been set up by Lair members, I think other lair members deserve the first dibs on any spots which happen to open up. B)

I will be there for rizzle, but I was unaware of the Lair members sharing the cost of 3 rooms. If the plans I have with my 2 friends fall to ****, then I will gladly cancel my room at The Hilton Garden and help pay an equal cut for The Hyatt rooms. Is that kosher with you guys?

I will be there for rizzle, but I was unaware of the Lair members sharing the cost of 3 rooms. If the plans I have with my 2 friends fall to ****, then I will gladly cancel my room at The Hilton Garden and help pay an equal cut for The Hyatt rooms. Is that kosher with you guys?

I doubt it'd be a big problem if by some twist of fate your current plans should fall through...depends how many people end up staying in each of the rooms. So, you might wind up sleeping in a bathtub or on a closet floor if your plans fall apart at the very last minute! :unsure:

Right on! I guess that means someone will be screwed if all they have are showers and 2ft deep closets :unsure: In that case you would be sleeping like the coneheads!!

By the way.. what I meant was that we're on a fixed income and I can say "yea" or "nay" to it yet.......

I have every intention to split it equally among Lair members..... If we try hard enough, we mich squeeze a couple of extra people into the rooms.....

Hey all, could somebody tell me who is handling the room reservations/money and bunking situation for the rooms at the Hyatt. It hasn't been said yet, but one of my friend's has received a free 10 day stay in California....I'm just waiting for her to say she can't attend Chicago. I would like to find out about extra room and some more specific details, if possible.

Thanks

GAS PRICES EFFECTING SUMMER TRIPS?

Is anyone second guessing attending Chicago Con due to increasing gas prices? I know it is going to be expensive for everyone, but I'm looking at about $250 for gas and tix, that's without the cost of a room and spending cash. Gas in Indy just went up to $3.99, I know that is not the most expensive out there, but consider how much it could/will go up by the end of June..........Was just curious of what others are thinking on this subject?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for me, it's looking like I'm taking the train. So, gas isn't too big an issue for me right now. BTW: Can everyone who knows for certain that they're going PM me. This way I can get a rough estimate as to how much every is gonna owe. Thanks!!

gas is looking like an issue for me.... $3.79 is the cheapest in town and it took close to $50 for mom to fill up our car yesterday....

I'm still hoping to go, but I won't know until closer.... I hate it when this **** happens to me :unsure:

[quote name='hunter's prey' post='88659' date='May 14 2008, 08:21 AM']gas is looking like an issue for me.... $3.79 is the cheapest in town and it took close to $50 for mom to fill up our car yesterday....

I'm still hoping to go, but I won't know until closer.... I hate it when this **** happens to me :unsure:[/quote]

It isn't happening to just you, the cost of gas effects everybody in the nation. It took $103 to fill up my truck (I could have a smaller vehicle, but the truck is my choice), when only 5-6 years ago it would have been under $35. Gas is so high now that is impacting the way people live their everyday lives.

I just filled up today at $3.98/gallon. Took almost $57 to fill my tank. I usually go through one tank a week going to and from work, that's not counting any other trips I take where I need more gas. 2 1/2 years ago when I bought my vehicle, I could fill the tank between $24-26 dollars. Yeah, gas prices suck.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back