WIP - TNG Isolinear Chips

Hi there guys!!

First I wish to state that this project is no way dead!! It's still on going, but has hit one or two set backs.

Since i posted, I have been waiting to hear back from the guy in London who is cutting all my pieces. He's a very tricky person to get hold of at the best of times, but as this is just a fun project with no dead line. I wasn't really bothered. However I havent heard from him in ages, i paid him for the last lot of Voyager pad templates and since then, I have not had a single reply to my phone message or emails.

So i've been left in limbo with no laser cutter :( That was until the last couple of weeks, when a friend of mine has bought a laser cutter lol I'm hoping I can ask him if i can book some time with it. If he says it's ok, then the project will once again be back on track. I've never used a laser cutter in my life, but i'm hoping i can get to grips with it. This will also mean I will have a hands on with the project, so I can fine tune the chips to suit my anal level for detail :p Plus one of you did mention the prototype looked a little big. So i'll be checking the dimensions, just in case the scale is off.

I will of course keep you guys posted on how this progresses :)

Sorry i've been so quiet

*update*
Just spoken to my friend who's laser cutter is arriving today. He's certain he can fit my chips in, so long as I'm happy to help him out with his project. So if all goes well, this might see the project back on track.*
James

Last edited:
Lol when i've something to offer, I'm sure a JY thread will appear. For now, I'm working on the best chips I can. While not silk screened, i do want them to look as accurate as possible :)

Sure thing :) I'm certainly hoping it will lead to that. There seems to be a lot of people who share my interest in this trek prop :) and I'd like to help them out if i can. I've only ever made props for fun and for myself primarily. So I'm taking advice of a couple of veteran RPF members who know a lot more about offering stuff in the JY then i do. As I want to do it right.

If you decide to do the "Enterprise" data modules; let me know. I have an original that I can get the correct dimensions on and I have also done the graphic work as well on the label and circuitry.

Excellent looking forward to seeing more done on this, and I second the Enterprise data module, have been looking for one for a long time.

If you decide to do the "Enterprise" data modules; let me know. I have an original that I can get the correct dimensions on and I have also done the graphic work as well on the label and circuitry.

Hi feek,

may it be possible that you provide me with that stuff, too?

I need dozens of them for my ENT- bridge homecinema, and not all of them need to be the "hero-version" i hope he will be doing after this TNG.

For many uses i need only stunt (a few positioned on stations) or even dummy versions (the squarish white bars of inserted modules glued directly to the panels) - which i may be able to do myself (or get done localy) with the correct info.

Would be great. :)

Hey guys!

My friend came through for me with the laser cutter, i popped in for a visit today. The machine is fantastic and I came away with 3 freshly cut, CLEAR acrylic TNG chips. The colour might not be accurate, but this was a test to see if it could be done and the etching done better then the previous attempts. The chips are also now properly scaled! Thanks to the info from YenChih :)

I've got the correct colour plastics on route, so hope to post something new in the next couple of weeks. If you can provide me with measurements for the ENT chips, i shall see what i can do, I can't make any promises. But I shall certainly give it a shot once this project is done with.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back