WIP Custom Models

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DFC Props

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone!

I'd like to get a thread going so everyone can share their latest WIP model projects. I'm an amateur prop and model maker, but I love sharing my work and would love to hear feedback. Below is my latest project.

IMG_7338.JPG IMG_7339.JPG

This a Forces of Valor M1A1 Abrams Tank 1:32 Scale model by Unimax made in 2003. It features a die-cast metal build with some plastic parts such as the tread covers on the sides and the cockpit/head. The treads are rubber. Please excuse my lack of knowledge of tanks... :) It may have been sacrilege to some of you who might collect these types of toys, but I wanted to customize it so I took it apart and am in the midst of changing the look. My goal was to do a quick mod and repaint to make it into a sci-fi tank. I will be sharing some WIP pics soon.

Thanks,
Dane

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DFC Props

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's what I got so far. The canon was already broken so I removed it and added my own using a pen... unfortunately it is static now, but I'm cool with it. Still need to add some more panels and little greeblies before I prime it.

IMG_7342.jpg IMG_7344.JPG IMG_7343.JPG

DFC Props

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Another quick update... just added a few more panel details. Hopefully I can finish it in the near future, but I'm currently looking for work so that's taking up most of my time at the moment.

IMG_7347.JPG IMG_7345.JPG

Also, sorry if the colors of the photos keep changing. I'm trying to figure out the settings on my camera and what I like best.