will todds bull barrel work with reg denix?

tk427

just ordered todds flashider kit and a reg. denix.....i know todds bull barrel is threaded for his modified denix. is his bull barrel soild or hollow. do i need to cut my denix barrel and tap it to receive his bull barrel. or can i cut the threads and use it with the reg denix barrel?

Either option would work - but the steel barrel is chambered for a round - so it will not slide on like the DEC kit.

Threading it will be a major pain without decent tooling options. If you need to, I'd cut the threads off the bull barrel then file down the barrel on the Denix to fit into the bull barrel.

Does anybody know if Todd will be getting more scopes or mounts in? I went ahead and bought his flash hider kit for when I inevitably drop my DL-44 and dent the DEC aluminum flash hider but Todd's steel scope and mount have spoiled me rotten. :)

I know Todd updates FaceBook more than anything so maybe somebody has heard something.

20171028_182355.jpgcut the treads still need to drill it out

Attachments

• 20171028_182355.jpg
    20171028_182355.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
Either option would work - but the steel barrel is chambered for a round - so it will not slide on like the DEC kit.

Threading it will be a major pain without decent tooling options. If you need to, I'd cut the threads off the bull barrel then file down the barrel on the Denix to fit into the bull barrel.
This is a major pain. I couldn't find the correct threads when trying to match it up with tap and die cutters. I ended up re threading the bull barrel to fit.

If I had it to do over again, I may have just gone to a local machine shop and have them do it for me.

I think field Marshall did something with his own version of the bull barrel that adapts easier

I asked them the same question a few weeks ago, and they said that they expected a new shipment around now or sometime soon.

Does anybody know if Todd will be getting more scopes or mounts in? I went ahead and bought his flash hider kit for when I inevitably drop my DL-44 and dent the DEC aluminum flash hider but Todd's steel scope and mount have spoiled me rotten. :)

I know Todd updates FaceBook more than anything so maybe somebody has heard something.

It seems like todds scope mount is way too thick

It is, but I dropped my DL-44 and bent the DEC mount with the steel Todd's scope attached. Never could get it back straight. I find that the DEC kit with Todd's scope and mount has an exceptional heft and balance. And since I painted the body and then added the blued steel scope and mount later it replicates the look of the original prop amazingly well. Freakin' love it. :) :

IMG_20171029_130244457.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back