Why Not

Blade of Woe

I have spent a lot of time on this site and I have come across a number of fan films and I want to thank the folks that have been brave and went for it. We have all spent a lot of time making our suits and there is a lot of amazing talent on this site. We also have a number of members on here that make other types of suits other than predator. We also have a number of members that live close to each other (couple of Hours Drive). And we also have spent a lot of time bad mouthing the predator movies that have come out in the past (AVP, AVPR, Predators). So here is the question. Why haven't a bunch of members gotten to gather here on the site written a script having input form the whole site and then gotten to gather to make one kick A$$ fan film? Just me thinking out loud again. Please let me know your thoughts on this ;)

actually ..many past members did participate in Pete Mander's fan film SEED. and others including myself have at one time or another done a pred related film. The main problem is money ..if you think its expensive making a pred suit, try making a decent film ...it takes time organization and money ...lots of money. It is getting cheaper to make films digitally, but there are so many other aspects to consider, location, permits insurance ..it kinda goes a bit beyond "who has a camera and a free weekend". Not to say dont try it...just know what you are getting into... I've done shorts that cost upwards of 80 grand that never saw anything past the festival level and will never recoup money ..however the experience was priceless

ptgreek I understand the money aspect of what I am talking about. But there is a couple of ways to safe funds on this. One you film it in the woods some place like Ohio. No permits on someones farm. It does not even have to be movie quality hell AVP-R was dark as **** and many like me still went to theaters/ and but it on DVD LOL so quality is not so important but quantity is what I am talking about. Next you are right about the cost of the suits I dont think anyone would be willing to jack up a suit in a fight. I dont know it was just a thought.

dont get me wrong ..Im all for a Lair based film ..if any of you LA guys wanna try something, I'm down ..we can do the suits and the effects at the shop ..and I probably secure most of the means to start something up ..but people who work for free need to fed ...some money for that ..and basic equipment would need to be raised. Even the little short I shot cost about 5 grand ..and all the locations were free

It would rock to have a lair movie. With Pt being in the buisness, he is just letting you know how it is. Hell he just offered the studio to do suits. It always has a price. I'm in the process right now of putting together a short pred movie when I touch down in Guam. Like you mentioned there is places where we are going to shoot for free, but it is about compensation of the people who help you out. If it is money, food, boarding ect., it always cost.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back