Why aren't these movies on Bluray?

Street of Crocodiles - short film that created an original visual aesthetic that was completely ripped off by music videos as well as a number of films - most notably the 2000 film, "The Cell."

Tremors

Am I to understand that there's no American BR release of Shadow of the Vampire? What a shame. Loony, wonderful, film-geekfest of a movie.

I was just looking for it the other day. Us can get a copy from Germany maybe?
Bill and Ted is out and I'm looking forward to Ghostbusters II

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mission_impossible__zpsa7801b45.jpg~original

I recently nabbed a 1080p copy of The Abyss from an HDTV broadcast, it looks pretty good. It's clearly a new transfer and not an upscale of the DVD.

So it exists somewhere, though unfortunately this is the Theatrical Cut and not the Special Edition.

the.abyss.1989.theatrical.cut.1080p[16-50-29].JPG the.abyss.1989.theatrical.cut.1080p[16-50-50].JPG

My "why isn't it even available (on DVD, at least, would be nice)?" list consists primarily of HBO Films' Cast A Deadly Spell and My Best Friend Is A Vampire. I don't count the recent crappy transfer of the former.

And topping my list of properties that have yet to be treated properly is Babylon 5. I want it released on BluRay as a complete saga box set (movies, Lost Tales, Crusade, Legend of the Rangers... all of it), with new transfers taken from the actual original footage. It was shot in 16:9, anticipating the widescreen TVs that would come in the not-too-distant future, then cropped to 4:3 for broadcast. Then, rather than return to the original format for the TNT re-airings and DVD releases, they cropped the 4:3 picture even further to create a letterbox effect. The result is many, many shots where actors' foreheads or chins (or both) are cut off, subtle things at top or bottom of the screen that are now missing, and one egregious example of a full-frame "subliminal" PsiCorp message whose top and bottom lines are now half cut off by the letterboxing.

I also would love the boxes to shrink even more. I really miss when DVDs first came out and they were in standard jewel cases. You can fit a lot more of those onto a shelf than DVD and even BluRay cases.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back