Who's the Poor Tortured Soul running SaberKnights?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Sporak, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

...To this guy who I really am?

I followed the link from the saber stand thread yesterday...and found some interesting saber pics...however, I tried to contact them and got the responce seen below...

Sheesh.
    Too bad, it looked like an interesting group.

How Rude.....I don't usually rant like this, but this really caught me off guard.
    Thought I'd share with anyone else who "Might" have been considering their product.

Hi there,
    I'm a fellow saber builder and would love to join your group. I'm Sporak on most of the forums, you might have seen my work before on the RPF and elsewhere.
    I love some of the designs I've seen on your website and would like to know more..I tried to join up and the page says I need an invitation code.
    I can send examples of my work for verification if you want...it looks to be my kind of place :)
    I do look forward to sharing with you all..
    Thanks, Bill

I know who you are.
    Youre not fooling anyone Mike.
    (If that was even your real name)

Stop emailing me.
    I just block your address and never get them.
    I wont get your answer to this one either.

Give it up.

2. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

That's f@%*'d up...

Why would he think your someone named Mike?

3. Sporak

I don't have a clue...
    It just really hit me the wrong way...
    I try to help people and be a nice guy and see what it gets me?

Oh well...

4. p0sitr0nic

p0sitr0nic Well-Known Member

Whats the URL for this place?

Hes making a bad mistake making enemies of the RPF.....

5. spcglider@aol.com

spcglider@aol.com Sr Member

Wow...

Are you sure you WANT to be a part of that group?

Sounds like you need paranoia as a pre-requisite.

-Gordon

6. Sporak

http://www.saberknights.com/

Yeah...I know what you mean...

No, I don't anymore...I was just feeling good yesterday and wanted to share...

7. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

Why did we get a Death Star recently or something? ;) :lol

That's pretty stupid though to jump on someone like that. I think the guy is way too paranoid.

8. Soundwave

Soundwave Sr Member

What an idiot, nevermind tho it's his loss. Don't let it worry ya...some people are just plain rude.

9. rigormortis

rigormortis Well-Known Member

Wow... Talk about scaring off potential new members like that. Like they've stated, it's really their loss.

10. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well this jerk obviously thinks you're someone else. I think you're just better off without them.

11. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

Why don't you just fess up Sporak/Mike???

You are my sworn enemy.

:lol :lol :lol

Bruce

12. Super Serg

Super Serg Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

* it. You beat me to it.

Was gonna say:
    "Yeah, Mike... why are you calling yourself "Bill"? "
    :lol

Oh well.

I'm sure they'll correct their mistake sooner or later.

*ss*

13. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Man, what an insult.

I wouldn't waste my time. The guy obviously has issues. :D

14. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks like there is a TK421 who is a member. Could be one of our TKs. maybe they can shed some light on "Mike"

15. Sporak

Bloody hell...just as I was emptying my suspect email folder I noticed an e-mail from someone the subject line said " Saber Knights (from the RPF). it got deleted...just as I saw the title.

I'm seeing if there's any way to recover the message...but if you see this, please e-mail me again.
    No way to recover the email, it's web based.
    Drat...
    Well, if anyone knows who that was or if you can email me back...I'll make sure not to delete it this time.

16. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

I have personally done a lot of business over the past year with with Tim - ebay member atcofca - the guy who sells the saber stands on ebay and he has always been really cool and very acomodating and even invited me to join thier site...I am sure it was just a simple misunderstanding...

I do agree that the reaction was wierd but I am sure it was nothing against you personally...Unless you are Mike in disguise ;)

If you would like I can email Tim and try to get it cleared up.

17. Sporak

That would be great...I'd appreciate that.
    Just have him check any of my posts...

Send him this pic...I do know something of sabers :)
    Most on the bottom half I've built myself.

[​IMG]

18. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

I have emailed him so hopefully there will be an answer soon, I also included the url to the thread..

Hope this helps.

Edit: I can't imagine though that the "idiot" part of the title is going to help matters...Just a thought. :)

19. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

Hopefully it might make him think before he goes off on another innocent person.

FWIW Sporak, don't give this guy the time of day. He is the one that lost out, definately not you.

20. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

Agreed.....I Just thought we were looking towards a resolution thats all.

21. zorg

zorg Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i know the mike guy......goes by the surname hunt

:angel

22. Sporak

Thanks guys...I appreciate the support :)

If I get an apology etc... I will be more than happy to change the title...and request it be taken down. I would like resolution...I really would , I hate conflict.

Zorg, So, what's the deal on the Mike guy?

23. Sporak

Noted... :)
    I have modified the title...a bit.

24. Sporak

Edit* Well, so far nothing...

25. Sporak

Double post

26. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

There was no reply from Tim last night...I will check my email as soon as I get home to see if there was a reply today...hopefully there is some sort of reply...I will let you know either way.

27. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

I've only bought a couple stands from him, nice enough. He's on my favorite sellers list but we may just have to start up a boycott thread.... :eek

28. Polluxius

Polluxius Active Member

I dealt with them a LONG TIME AGO, Way before I found this place. They used to run a site called SABERKITS.COM, I bought from them when they made sabers. I had a good experience, but that was back in like 2001-02. I am sure that this is a missunderstanding. Good Luck Sporak.

29. Sporak

Thanks...
    I know it's a misunderstanding...It's just annoying that he didn't even bother to "check" and see if I was legit or not.

Too quick to jump to conclusions.

The bad thing is that I spent alot of time reading the details of the stands...clicked on all the links and was interested in this guys work.
    I then went to the main page and saw the different sabers people had made and thought, Hmmm. I've made some sabers too...Hey, we have something in common...maybe they'd be interested in my stuff...

Then I was slapped in the face.

Nice.

30. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

Better make a different sandwich too. This guy might be allergic to peanut butter.

31. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

Well No Reply, Hes got the url to the thread...I guess if he has any intrest in explaining this, we'll just have to wait and see...He has all the info...so the balls in his court...If he gets back to me at all about this I will let you know. ;)

32. Sporak

Cool :)
    Thanks for all you've done...

I'm just laughing it off now, you guys :lol

33. Sporak

I have since changed the title back to it's original form...I feel it fits.

No contact as of yet.

34. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

:) So Tim returned my email last night...I got it this morning...He has tried to login and post but his account was no longer vaild (he thinks maybe due to inactivity and when he tried to make another account it would not let him)...He emailed an admin to see if he could get it reinstated so he could clear up the email in question...He has an account on the RPF but does not post regularly...It was deffinately a misunderstanding and he is interested in getting it cleared up as soon as he can post again...He was going to just give me his answer but felt bad that I am in the middle of it...The email is at home on my home computer and I can't remember what he said his member name was....I will get it to you later if his account is not working by tonight...

I know at this point everyone is probably over it but I would hate for a cool guy to get a bad rap for a misunderstanding....Yes the answer was hasty....but lets atleast give an explanation a chance before we start saying stuff like don't buy from that guy cause he's an a.@hole. Who knows what the MIKE guy in question has done at this point...

Plus for fun I think we would all like to know the deal with MIKE :p

35. motorfish

motorfish Well-Known Member

I know no Mikes

36. Sporak

Very cool...
    He has my email..or had it :lol
    I would love for this to be cleared up...the world has too many enemies out there...

Looking forward to the resolution :)

Just a thought...I thought that even if you weren't a member, you could still read the threads...is that correct?

37. Sporak

My first thought was, wait a sec...and try to explain in more detail from the beginning...but since he said my email was blocked I figured that wouldn't work anyway...

38. xionx2k1

xionx2k1 New Member

Ok his RPF user name is JediTim I am sure you will get an explanation if he is able to get that acount reactivated. Or better yet pm me your email and I will tell him to just email you...would that be cool?

39. Sporak

PM sent...
    I wouldn't mind either way...for the record it's: sporak@earth***link.net (remove the *** obviously)
    :)
    Don't worry everyone, I'll post the outcome either way...

40. Sporak

WOW,
    What a great responce...

Nope, you got the wrong guy :)

Yeah, I guess I did TRY to join before. Yes those were my e-mail addresses...

I lived in California and had access to a cable hookup, it was @home, which was bought out by AT&T so it became attbi.com, then was bought by Comcast, which I desparately wish I still had...I moved to kentucky at the end of 2004 and where we are I sadly at this time can only get dialup...thus Earthlink.

sporak01@attbi.com, sporak01@comcast.net, and sporak@earthlink.net.

Not too strange is it? Any why if I was trying to fool anybody would I continue to use Sporak? I have a Sporak1 Yahoo account too...

I don't keep a record of all the places I visit on the net...I guess a few times I've been drawn to your group, since I am a lightsaber collector and builder.

I've been a SW fan since 1977...Yep, I'm that old. 42 this year. I've been to every lightsaber site I find a link to and explore the site as well as I can, I always like to learn and appreciate other lightsaber fans.

I've never been a member of your group, I've never gone by any other screen name in propdom besides Sporak. I've never tried to impersonate anyone on any of these boards...
    I'm proud of who I am and the accomplishments I've made in the world, in props and out.

I WDF My real initials as you can plainly see have nothing to hide at all...

I've met many RPF members especially in the SF Bay area in person and any one of them can identify me as who I say I am. Theres one especially who goes by the name Ghost Host...why gosh...he's my real life brother...

Hey anyone...wanna vouch for me?

Another thing...I rarely Grandstand at all...this one just cought me personally since you are calling me a liar.
    I am not.

Yes, you have in fact condemned me accidently. Your mistake, not mine.

Here I am...I have a beard now, much greyer than I'd like. I've smudged some info, but I've sent my address to several members...

I prepared for you, the most comprehensive response to the issue I could write.

http://www.saberknights.com/members/jt/sporak.htm

Please post this link in the thread so everyone can find it.

Tim

My dear Mister Sporak, old buddy.
    Why do you wish to deceive your fellow RPF buddies like this?
    Be honest with them, please. You didn't just follow a link 'yesterday', I have authentic emails from you (SPORAK) going back to 2002. Would you like me to post them? I have emails from sporak01@attbi.com, sporak01@comcast.net, and sporak@earthlink.net.
    Are these your email addresses? Have you always had them? Are your initials WDF? Do you deny sending me these emails?

If you agree that these emails are indeed yours, then why did you tell your buddies you just found my site 'yesterday'? The last email I received from you was 11/29/03 to saberknights.com. Do you not remember trying to sign up back then? Is it possible someone could have used your computer or ID without you knowing? According to my records you were automatically blocked.

I received your very first email on 5/23/02. This happened to be within two days of Mikes very first signup. And BTW, when was it that you joined the RPF???
    Later, within a week after Mike was banned, the slew of suspect emails I was getting included one from Sporak01 in which stated that he would like to sign up and needed 'a password'.
    The emails you used were under different domain names. This was exactly like Mike was doing - including using the exact same three domains you used.
    Is it remotely strange that you also seem to have a pressing need to 'share' your ideas with us? This too was exactly how Mike sounded. Always in a state of weird urgency...
    And now, the fact that you would be so inclined to rant off a bunch of slander, all the while knowing a whole different truth - well, that sounds just too much like Mike's MO to me.

Now, maybe this is all purely coincidental, and you're actually a super nice guy. Well, believe it or not, I was a nice guy too. But look what it got me... Now it's no-more-mister-nice-guy. I'm not taking any more chances. Call me paranoid. Call me an idiot. Call me whatever you want. But it won't change my policies or skepticism of the issues mentioned above.

Let me just finish with this:
    -Is it possible that all this was a simple error, and you could have been accidentally mistaken as another false ID of Mikes? Yep, sure it is. Especially with all these strange coincidences.
    -Is it probable that I'll do whatever it takes to protect the privacy of my members and the sanctity of my time by never letting another 'Mike Green' or any other ranting nutbag onto my website ever again? You absolutely can bet your sweet *.

• If you in fact DID NOT send those earlier emails, you must surely see how the mistake was made and you ended up receiving my curt email. Mike Green must have been pretending to be you the whole time.

• If you DID send those emails, then you've got some serious explaining to do to your RPF buds.

41. p0sitr0nic

p0sitr0nic Well-Known Member

wow... still as paranoid as ever....

42. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Well-Known Member

43. Super Serg

Super Serg Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Rabittooth,
    Maybe you could help Sporak clear this up.
    (It'd probably help if an SK member vouches of Sporak NOT being Mike Green)

& Will, from now on i'm considering you our Mike Green.
    :lol

(J/K btw.)

*ss*

44. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

Paranoid just does not seem to cover it and the part about "you have some explaining to do to your RPF buds" give me a break.

I've been around for more than a little while, Sporak is a good guy from all I've seen.

Jim

45. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

why even bother, hes obviously got a screw loose :unsure

46. amish

amish Sr Member

I just saw this thread :-( I am a member there and just posted on their message board for you. I dont post there much at all, but thought it might help.

I know it is not much, but this is what I posted:

47. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Well-Known Member

Yeah...I just posted over in the MainCom at SK. As did Amish...so...hopefully this will get cleared up.

-Rabittooth

48. Sporak

Thanks guys...
    :)

49. Chingon

Chingon Well-Known Member

3 words come to mind...

What a weirdo.

:confused

50. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

no shiz, what a head case. Liking props enough to start a site about them is one thing, but to not allow anyone new into their club seems a little, "I remember when I colored with crayons" to me...