White Mandalorian Armor Complete

WhiteCommando

Pics are hard to take of White armor. It goes with the white helmet I completed recently. Take a look...

lofty06.jpg

lofty07.jpg

lofty08.jpg

lofty09.jpg

lofty10.jpg

lofty11.jpg

Here are some refresher shots of the helmet...

lofty01.jpg

lofty02.jpg

lofty05.jpg

Originally posted by WhiteCommando@Apr 1 2006, 05:20 PM
Pics are hard to take of White armor. It goes with the white helmet I completed recently. Take a look...

I think your pics have proven an eduring truth about the Star Wars Universe: no matter how incredible their technology, awesome light sabers, and transparisteel, their paint still chips just like ours.

:)

Seriously though, Looks great. The chipping is incredibly realistic.

Thanks a lot for the compliments. You all have been very encouraging and I appreciate it.

As for the method... I have found that by using a silver leaf paint pen, I could draw on the chips. Then to make the repair look "more real" from my point of view, I painted white with a Testor's Gloss White paint pen around the edge to reduce or cover where paint would have chipped off.

Here is my reasoning...

If you were wearing something like this, you would make attempts to keep it in a condition, or color, as it was issued to you. So, some light damage occurs from combat, the elements, whatever. You would try to recondition the suit, and helmet, in the field (using your trusty Mandalorian-Issued Armor Paint Chip Repair Kit.), but that would wear off easier, therefore any new damage or exposure would cause your re-paint to chip away... easier. Does that make sense?

Plus, it was a bit easier than masking, and gives a similar result since the white repaint hides the level of the silver being a top coat versus a demasked base-coat. Does that make sense too?

Later Friends,

John

Now are you going to change your site to WhiteMandalorian.COM?

:) Still interested in you know what (and coincidentally working up a Jango and a Boba).

HAHA. No, I am changing it to WhiteARCTrooperCommandolorianSuperTrooperSquad.com. I think it is catchy and easy to remember.

Timmi... how do you get away with all that business at your house? Haben sie eine Frau in Sie Haüs? Ruhstüng haben nicht gut im mein Haüs.

Later Pals.

John

Originally posted by rudolpht@Apr 2 2006, 04:36 PM
Now are you going to change your site to WhiteMandalorian.COM?

:)  Still interested in you know what (and coincidentally working up a Jango and a Boba).
[snapback]1218244[/snapback]​

I added a bit of MinWax Wood Stain to top it off...

lofty12.jpg

lofty13.jpg

lofty14.jpg

To match the cheeks...

lofty05.jpg

Pretty subtle, but I was going for a less weathered look.

Later Guys,

John

The undersuit should be white. As seen in the pre-pro illustrations by Ralph McQuarrie. BUT, the balance of the suit will be made by a fellow in the U.K. and I will point him to this thread so he can keep us posted.

Thanks for the input guys.

John

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back