Which dream prop would you want?

I'd like to toss another one on the pile - the spaceship that brought Superman to earth from Lois and Clark. I've always liked the design and a 1/1 scale replica would knock me down flat out cold. I have some better pics on my other computer but here are some bad (meaning not good shots) screen-caps. I've been looking for one for years with no luck so far.

Gandalf the Grey's Staff - not the second one used in the mines - the first one with his pipe, et al. (Oh, and I would want the pipe to be functional.)

I believe that one from the opening of the first movie was the most natural and character expressive.

Though, I would love to get my hands on one of those damn second staff replicas that I missed out on. I've only seen 2 come up for auction and was outbid on both - they went for over $1,600.00 each!

Have Gandalf the White's Staff and Sauroman's Staff.

I would definitely go for the Fifth Element ZF1 if you were planning on doing a run. I Would "like" to pay around a $1000, but realistically I would expect one you built, with sound effect, and working lights and "little red button" to go for $1500 up, which I would pay, if I had several months to save before a project like this was complete. I am sure a few others would pay what you asked after a few progress pics too.

Or you could add me to the list of those wanting a metal J2. I have no idea what that could be worth.

Since it was specified not on the market... All metal Jayne pistol (Boo) built up from a working Pietta Le Mat and built to screen used specs. (Chambered for cartridges, etc)

As to price... well that's tricky. But if I had the money, price would be no object.

Gandalf the Grey's Staff - not the second one used in the mines - the first one with his pipe, et al. (Oh, and I would want the pipe to be functional.)

I believe that one from the opening of the first movie was the most natural and character expressive.

Though, I would love to get my hands on one of those damn second staff replicas that I missed out on. I've only seen 2 come up for auction and was outbid on both - they went for over $1,600.00 each!

Have Gandalf the White's Staff and Sauroman's Staff.

I believe its been suggested that this would be a good start to a scratch-built version.

Last edited:
I believe its been suggestedhat this would be a good start to a scratch-built version.

Yeah, that would be staff #2 from the mines. The candle holder is the same design that they used for the staff that they built years ago and so unceremoniously discontinued before I knew they did a run.

Do not know if the candle holder is to scale with the staff.

Damn Noble Collection . . .

Yeah, that would be staff #2 from the mines. The candle holder is the same design that they used for the staff that they built years ago and so unceremoniously discontinued before I knew they did a run.

Do not know if the candle holder is to scale with the staff.

Damn Noble Collection . . .

I'm confused then - he had three staffs?

Bag End...
f103f73b18ee3fe9278d.jpeg
http://img.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/9911/f103f73b18ee3fe9278d.jpeg

A friend of mine lives in a house like that
DSCF1850.jpg

Sky light on the roof
DSCF1865.jpg

Front of house
DSCF1852.jpg

Oh, yes.

Sauroman took GtG's staff away after they battled and GtG lost and was made a prisoner. The staff used in the battle between the two of them was the one he arrived with in the Shire and had his pipe integrated into the gnarled wood. This would be the same staff that should be used in the Hobbit prequel.

GtG then, off screen, acquired/fashioned a second staff before catching up with Frodo at Rivendell. This gnarled second staff is simpler in appearance and is short-lived since it is lost in the battle at the end of the trek through the mines. (GtG did not have much luck with battles and being able to keep track of his things.)

GtW shows up with his third, white, staff (though pretty, and I have one) which I believe cannot compare to the beauty and character of staff #1.

I want to own a #1 staff and a #2 staff but to my knowledge nobody made a #1.

Yes, if you count the "Gandalf the White" staff as well. Here they are:

Staff that Gandalf the Grey has at the beginning of Fellowship.
gtgstaff1.jpg

Staff that Gandalf the Grey has when they enter the mines.
gtgstaff2.jpg

Staff of Gandalf the White
4661-gtwstaff1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, if you count the "Gandalf the White" staff as well. Here they are:

Staff that Gandalf the Grey has at the beginning of Fellowship.
4659-gtgstaff1.jpg

Staff that Gandalf the Grey has when they enter the mines.
4658-gtgstaff2.jpg

Staff of Gandalf the White
4661-gtwstaff1.jpg

<sigh> Thank you for the timely pics . . . torture that they are since I cannot seem to acquire #1 and #2.

And, to keep on topic, a reminder that the #1 was and is the dream prop that I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream props, I could go around $400 for these. Preferably less, of course. Ah, to be wealthy...

• The Cirrus X-3 Rocket Pack from The Rocketeer
  • Men in Black Neuralyzer
  • WorldCon Blade Runner blaster
  • Soran's pistol from Star Trek Generations
  • MiB J2 pistol
  • Dark City memory syringe
  • A metal Seburo M-5 from GITS:SAC

That's all I can think of right now without getting too crazy. :)

Last edited:
Dream props, I could go around $400 for these. Preferably less, of course. Ah, to be wealthy...

• The Cirrus X-3 Rocket Pack from The Rocketeer
  • Men in Black Neuralyzer
  • WorldCon Blade Runner blaster
  • Soran's pistol from Star Trek Generations
  • MiB J2 pistol
  • Dark City memory syringe
  • A metal Seburo M-5 from GITS:SAC

That's all I can think of right now without getting too crazy. :)

Richard Coyle has made:
[*]Men in Black Neuralyzer

Richard Coyle is now making:
[*]WorldCon Blade Runner blaster

Richard Coyle really wants to make:
[*]Soran's pistol from Star Trek Generations

Price, though, well . . . you get what you pay for.

Rodney Dangerfields Golf bag from Caddyshack the radio the bar spring loaded golf clubs i use to love that thing when i was a kid
willing to pay 600 for it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back