Which armour is best for ANH sandtrooper

jun

Hi guys, i'm kinda new here so was hoping to get some advice from all the storm/sandtrooper experts out there.

I'm looking to collect parts for a sandtrooper static display costume. I have read about the different kinds of armour and understand that up till now, all accurate armour comes from a ROTJ suit. I really like TE2 armour but if its from a ROTJ suit, i guess that makes it 'inaccurate' (for ANH sandtrooper)?

Should i wait for Si-Man's suit (if i can afford it) and turn that into a sandtrooper?

Cheers

While TE2 is derived from a ROTJ suit it's had its RoTJ attributes removed and been ANH-ified so would be fine for a Sandtrooper. Of course, the new Si-Man suit will be more accurate even down to subtle details as it's cast off an ANH suit, which is believed to have been a sandtrooper suit.

Personally, I'd wait and go for the Si-Man but as it really depends on what you like the look of. As for price, don't go accepting what you think is second best because it's cheaper just save up a bit longer and get what you really want. You'll only upgrade later and spend more in the long run.

Cheers for the advice.

Are the original ANH sandtrooper armour made from ABS? or HDPE?

I read somewhere that the helmet is painted HDPE (the 'move along' helmet) ? If the armour is unpainted ABS, then i guess the white colour between the helmet and armour doesn't match?

I read somewhere that the helmet is painted HDPE (the 'move along' helmet) ? If the armour is unpainted ABS, then i guess the white colour between the helmet and armour doesn't match?

Yeah, it doesn't match at all in ANH. Though, to my knowledge, no one is sure exactly which material was used for the helmets.

Or you could just buy TM like Rob said. :lol Apparently because it doesn't come from pre-trimmed parts it's more likely to fit slightly larger people.

Psammead, so its confirm that the original ANH sandtrooper armour was ABS?

I like TM as well but its sort of a super fan sculpted armour and does not have lineage to the real suit so i'll still choose TE, AP, Si-man, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah TM is an idealized version (fan sculpted to perfectioin) as opposed to the more screen accurate movie derived versions. Remember, Star Wars WAS made in the 70's and a relatively low-budget film. So there are two different camps.

Though, its still amazing how fan sculpted TM can be so accurate. I wonder if he's done other star wars helmets....i bet they're equally accurate and impressive!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back