Where to buy good quality Jedi Robe?

underlyingboss3

Hello guys, I am wondering where I can buy a good quality Jedi robes that is made of cotton or twill fabric. I don't require the collector's wool fabric because it's just so expensive. I am cosplaying Anakin Skywalker Sith Costume. I already have the other components except for the robe, boots and the glove. Kindly please help me where to buy these items. I'm ready to spend at least 150$ for these items. Also, if you think I will save more money if I buy a fabric and then ask a tailor to sew it please tell me. Please give other suggestions.

Hi there,

Boots alone can be quite expensive. Have you checked any made by Museum Replicas on ebay? There are boots, glove and sometimes an accurate robe ... I believe not to be wool. But more than your budget allows. Otherwise there's : http://www.ebay.com/usr/speedystitches?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 for Jedi robes, you can even ask for custom fabric, color, size etcetera. They are top notch ... many satisfied Jedi's ;) Just google 'Anakin glove' on ebay and some will pop up ... just be aware the less you pay the more louzy the quality may be.

Chaim

I know Eva make good robes but too expensive. I guess gotta go with the buying fabric and asking a tailor to sew them. Maybe I'd save more money. Anyway guys thanks for suggestions and I hope to hear more soon.

Mystik Merchant makes good robes and cloaks, just know that their fabric is not accurate for an Anakin costume.

Mystik Merchant makes good robes and cloaks, just know that their fabric is not accurate for an Anakin costume.

This is true, but usually when money is a factor accuracy has to be overlooked.

The MM robes do 'look the part' despite being made of different fabric and not 100% accurate patterns. While not identical most people will recognize the Anakin robe as looking like it should. I have a super accurate wool robe that I never wear because it's so heavy and hot, I almost always wear my MM Obi-Wan robe instead.

Anyway @ James Kenobi 1138 for the boots should I buy this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1B8EMJX6278KBN2W88K6 or should you have any other suggeestions please reply. Also, for the Anakin Glove should I just go for the Rubies one or other gloves. I don't really want to pay 50$ or more for a glove. I have read most people's review and some video reviews about the Rubies Anakin Glove and most of them said that its great and it gets the job done if you're going to dress as Anakin. Should I just go for the rubies one or should I keep searching? Please give suggestions for this as well.

My 2 concerns with the boots you posted are first those look more like engineer boots with the spat and straps added instead of a riding style boot more like the film-used boot, and the color. It's hard to tell if it's a dark brown or an almost black. IIRC Anakins boots are just about the same shade as his glove, a little lighter then his tabbards.

I would ask around for reviews on those boots, if anyone has bought them through Amazon see if you can ask previous buyers for photos in daylight to see the true color and ask about construction.

I've known several people who looked in thrift stores and online for a correct looking but inexpensive boot and taking the straps and spat off a cheap Halloween boot and transferring them to the good boot. You might have to strip and re-dye the leather but you'll probably be going darker so it's super easy and cheap.

For the glove I've always heard unless you want to spend $300+ for a hand-made leather one the Rubies is the best alternative. If you search the RPF archives I remember a few tutorials to bring the Rubies up to par.

I would also search threads by DanakinSkywalker as he has an amazing Anakin costume and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject. @DanakinSkywalker

Last edited by a moderator:
And as I had to learn the hard way always bring special band-aids for blisters along in one of your pouches ;) Here's my pair of super accurate handmade leather boots, worn during STAR WARS Celebration Europe II :

They cost me both my arms like Anakin ... :wacko If you can avoid it don't buy pleather or fake leather boots if you cherish comfortable feet after the event.

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back