Where to buy a complete superman reeves costume?

Timlim

Hi guys, need options in buying a complete superman reeves costume...
thinking of making a lifesize display
as of now, i have two options, either action costumes and super costumes,
which would you guys recommend? Although one of them has had bad reviews in
terms of customer service, im still not sure which one is the better version as i am not
a superman expert hehe or are there better sellers out there? Need feedback guys, thanks!

no comments? :(
just found out that the super costumes is like twice the price of the action costumes
are there qualities far from each other? im considering getting the cheaper alternative
so those with the action costume one, care to comment on its quality? thanks

Super.Costumes is hands down, THE way to go for a CR replica costume. If you would go for the cheaper one at AC, that suite is a nice one but standard and doesn't have the S shield sewn in, doesn't have the pleats in the cape and the press studs etc. Also the color is royal blue rather then turquoise blue... however, if you look for a nice CR style costume and not be bothered to much by the accuracy, then this is a way to go.

P.

Depends on the level of accuracy that you are looking for. If you don't care about accuracy, you can search the 'Bay for a cheap version. The problem is, you can't even buy all the materials you would need for a complete replica suit for much less than $400. The materials alone for my costume cost me around $500. There's a lot of little stuff that goes into them beyond just fabric that racks up a bill. If you're not in a hurry, just keep checking the junkyard here.

Attachments

• IMG_9338.JPG
    IMG_9338.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
I have no sewing experience so I was looking for a spandex suit that I can use as a base to build off of, but couldn't find anything with the right neckline. What do I need to make the suit and where can I get everything?

No sewing experience?....You might find this project harder than you think....not trying to be discouraging, but let me put it like this:

Get yourself a decent sewing machine ($200+ or serger ($500+), walking foot kit with ballpoint needles for lycra ($30), then the fabric you want to use. You'll need at least 4 yards (if you don't make any mistakes) of 60" wide lycra of your choosing- 2-Blue, 1 yellow, 1-red ($50-100). Plus matching thread, patterns (you can buy them on-line or at a fabric store), zippers, hook an eyes, snaps, elastic...just off the top of my head. I'd say to make the tights yourself, you're already close to the cost of buying an already made costume. I say this because you will probably make lots of mistakes, if you have no experience, and will have to buy more materials, and the cost adds up quickly. This suit is more complicated than you think (especially the S shield). See the pic below of the inside of the costume.

Unless you plan on really getting into sewing for projects like this in the future and making a hobby out of it, it's more cost effective to just have the suit made by the people that are used to making them. I only recommend Super Costumes. They've made me 5 costumes in the past and they are working on another two for me right now (evil version). They are just making me the tights and top. They are top notch and their work is perfect every time. Do it right or do it twice I always say.

Attachments

• IMG_8673.JPG
    IMG_8673.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back