Where can I find short round's yankee cap?

Woah! Blast from the past! Well, as I recieved my answer nearly 11 years ago when I first asked the question, it's still nice to thought of. Thanks!
Did you ever find one? I snagged one from a run of replicas on Etsy a couple years ago.
903C48DF-5152-484D-B450-1EF13D2EF6F2.jpeg
oh

I just want to point out that the actual 1919 period baseball caps are shaped and proportioned quite differently than the baseball caps of today.

Sticking an old logo on a modern cap looks exactly like what it is.

Here's a member of the New York Giants in 1919

px1LSjl.jpg

Here's a surviving original cap. Note the very short, and curved, visor, and the pattern of stitching on it.
Also note the shape of the logo which is quite different from modern reproductions I've seen.

I do believe the cap would have been made from wool.

q4AFDBI.jpg

There are organised historical baseball leagues that play in reproduction 19th century and early 20th century kit. Whatever firms they buy their caps from would have the correct patterns to get the shape of those caps.

Last edited:
Hi, Jr. Jones! I did look through these entries, and I noticed nobody mentioned Ebbets Field Flannels of Seattle, WA. Though they don't specifically make MLB caps because of licensing stuff, they make beautiful caps in various era styles (like from the time of Short Round's cap). Look for specifically: '8-Panel Caps', 'Soft Visor', 'Short Visor', 'Pinstripe' color. Oh, and keep in mind, they're still mostly fitted caps. The stars may or may not align for you, but I'd recommend the Chicago American Giants 1914 Pinstripe 8-Panel Cap. Also, check out Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.net for accurate drawings of the 1919 NY Giants logo if you scratch-make the cap logo out of navy felt. I realize it's an ancient topic, but hey, good luck.

Just in case you hadn't seen this...

Hmmm, but whatabout a code for 10% off?

I dunno, something like BLACKMC23 or something?

Just in time for the holidays

You're so good to us ;)

What strikes me is how different the screen-used cap looks from the real-word caps I posted photos of above.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back