When should have Farscape ended, and should there be more.

jason1976

Sr Member
I have been watching my Farscape DVD box set, I picked up a few months ago, and I noticed something. There are some really great episode in season 4, and like most fans, I was really sad to see it end the way it did, but I kind of think it should have ended at the end of season 3.

I mean, I'll take what I can get, and I loved that we got another season, and a mini series, but really think about it.

At the end of season 3 we had.

1.Crase, and Talon dying heroes deaths.
2.Scory, dead. (for all we new.)
3.The ship that had chased them for 3 YEARS destroyed.
4.Everyone going off to do the things they had said they were going to do since the beginning.
5. They had no-one left chasing them really. (well not anyone that cared all that much, for all we knew.)
5. We, end on John, and Aeryn's whole future pending on a coin toss, that we didn't know the out come of. (witch was a perfect place to leave those two. It would left it up to the fans, to imagine it landing anyway they wanted)

It really was a very nice place to end. Well, a heck of a lot better then 4 season left us with. And the movie, wall ok, wasn't the same as the show by a long shot.

Now, having said all of that, I do think they could do more with the show. I didn't used to think so, but after re-watching the show, I do think they could.

I think it should be big screen this time. I think it should be a whole new story line.

Maybe they have all went there separate ways, except for John, and Aeryn, and something brings them all back together. (Except for D'Argo of course.) You know the drill, old friend in trouble, or old foe, needs help, and offers the alive brangh.

Or maybe it's a next generation kind of thing, and the characters we know, move to the background, and we get a new group.

I though B5 was dead when the show ended, but I ended up loving some of the made for tv movies they did. (others not so much.)

Sure D is dead, but hey so is Zhan, and we got bast that.

Maybe when they visited earth in session 4, they said too much, and some folks from earth try Farscape project 2.0 do their best to recreate what happened to Crichton, and end up in need of some help. Maybe, they go to a who other part of the galaxy, and meat another group of aliens, and now they need the PKs, and John, to teem up, and save the day.

I don't know, I just think they could do something with it.

I would love to see this franchise come back on in any form, but a leap to the big screen would be very nice.

Rockne O'Bannon has been trying for years to get a live-action web series in the works, but I think he wanted to focus more on John and Aeryn's son's adventures than necessarily reuniting the whole group.

Rockne O'Bannon has been trying for years to get a live-action web series in the works, but I think he wanted to focus more on John and Aeryn's son's adventures than necessarily reuniting the whole group.

That might be cool, if the old gang dropped in from time to time, or something.

I'd highly recommend you look into the comics. It's no live action video but it's still canonical storyline straight from the source. :thumbsup

I never saw Season 4. I was kind of burned out on the show, so it ended quite fine for me. Still don't know what happened in S4.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back