What's your favorite blaxploitation film?

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
I first got interested in this genre after seeing Pam Grier in "Jackie Brown", then going out and getting a copy of "Foxy Brown". While waiting for "Black Dynamite" to come out on DVD, I watched it again, and started looking for similar movies. That's what led me to classics like "Shaft" and "Superfly", plus some I had never heard of before, like "Black Caesar". I've seen a few more with Fred Williamson, who I really like.
Is anyone else into this genre? What's your favorite?

For me, it's hands down "I'm gonna get you Sucka.....". I LOVE that film, and there are some unbelievable actors in it.

I will watch anything wayans though.

Second place would have to be "Hollywood Shuffle".

Well they sure did make alot of them! So far I would have to say "Boss Nig.."( that is the real movie title! I swear! ) If you look it up on Amazon, its under "Boss". It's actually a pretty good movie! Than there is "The Mack" which stars Richard Prior. "Car Wash" is a pretty good one, alot of nice classic, Funk music! There are a bunch of good cheesy one's, I just can't think of the titles.

Oh! There is a Horror Hound convention coming up in March, in Columbus, Ohio. Pam Grier is one of the guests! I'm going!

Last edited:
Dolemite.
Can you dig it?

"Man, move over and let me pass 'fore they have be to pullin' these Hush Puppies out your mother******' ass!"

Black Belt Jones - the meanest, baddest mutha to ever hit the silver screen!
Thanks for the suggestion! That's one I need to see.

Well they sure did make alot of them! So far I would have to say "Boss Nig.."( that is the real movie title! I swear! ) If you look it up on Amazon, its under "Boss". It's actually a pretty good movie! !
I saw a movie poster for that and it looks awesome.

Check out some of Rudy Ray Browns Dolemite series.

He never got his due imo!
I haven't seen any of the Dolemite series, but I watched "Disco Godfather" the other night and he's the main character. Black Dynamite was heavily influenced by it too. You can pick out a lot of scenes that are similar.

Last edited:
"Disco" is in the Series.

I like the older ones he did though, "Human Tornado", "Dolemite", and the classic "Petey Wheatstraw".

And yes Black Dynamite was a loving Valentine to Rudy!

I haven't seen any of the Dolemite series, but I watched "Disco Godfather" the other night and he's the main character. Black Dynamite was heavily influenced by it too. You can pick out a lot of scenes that are similar.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back