What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Painted up two half scale Melted Vader helmets.
Being that I am a painter, I don’t usually get to see things in their final displayed state in their home. The client usually has me work a little paint magic and then they find a shelf and a base or whatever may fit with the particular commission. With these, I get to make the bases myself for the first time, and that’s a lot of fun. Not sure what to do, a wood base? Resin printed? Laser cut? What shape? Been sketching out some ideas here and there on the workbench.
Your own files ?

I have the Mars and the Saturn. I absolutely loved my Mars so I figured the Saturn was a safe bet. I’ve already got about 20 hours on the printer and don’t have a single bad thing to say about it. The monoscreen offers a much needed speed boost. My exposure time on the Mars was 13 seconds and the Saturns exposure is 3!! It still has every bit of sharpness that the smaller Mars has, I was able to print parts with very small tolerances and very thin parts for this Obi-wan saber below with no issues.

I do wish it was a little bigger, but I plan to pick up the Elegoo Jupiter whenever it becomes available. With bigger machines becoming more readily available and services like FacFox being out there for even bigger stuff? I will never touch an FDM print again.
I can’t wait for the Saturn to be readily available, I missed out on the early bird, twice !!!
I sent my photon s back after 1 month with a knackered main board
I’ve so much resin printing to do I’m getting very impatient
Nice saber, where’s the file from if you don’t mind me asking

Finished Thanos up today
Now onto Yondu
0A11C927-0DC0-4CD3-933B-088624DED2BD.jpeg
FEC017F5-7A7F-4B32-9943-0FB300E29876.jpeg
E96580DE-85CF-4C44-A248-FC377E36E978.jpeg
37C24BB8-65C6-4E9F-BC82-CD701B703E03.jpeg
90B45B64-7CD0-4112-B76B-EBB03C615ACA.jpeg

I can’t wait for the Saturn to be readily available, I missed out on the early bird, twice !!!
I sent my photon s back after 1 month with a knackered main board
I’ve so much resin printing to do I’m getting very impatient
Nice saber, where’s the file from if you don’t mind me asking

Sorry to hear that. I’ve been running my Elegoo Mars since September 2019 and I’ve only had to replace the screen once a few months ago. They’re very well built, and Elegoo has some seriously great customer service. I trust their machines very much.

I still don’t know if I can add links or not, but the seller was AJL3DPropDesign. Gorgeous file, printed without any issues.

I base coated a few pieces already. The rest will be getting a pass of 2K clear and Alumaluster, and then some gold candy for the windvane. I’ll post some finished pics somewhere on the board when it’s done, just prepping a few other pieces I need to clear coat to do it all in one big batch. Sorry for the awkward pose, was holding everything together.

Attachments

• 55D56AB5-3959-4CBE-B3B4-F550E2AB80AA.jpeg
    55D56AB5-3959-4CBE-B3B4-F550E2AB80AA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I have had lots of SLA printed parts to my T-800 show up on my doorstep.
Here I have put together his left foot. There is no glue used here, as all the tolerances fit well and snug. I will disassemble for painting. DA844E49-FBDD-4D79-93CA-39B7D2AE6BF8.jpeg1E940D03-53B9-4D9B-8ACF-07A13D1DC34A.jpeg

One of my friends recently saw that an original communication briefcase from the original MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE TV show was up for auction. He asked if I could duplicate it for his collection of Spy-related "gadgets." I was able to locate some of the vintage parts but had to substitute some modern days parts. I tried to get the look of the prop and not create an exact duplicate. Here are photos of the real prop and my version of it. Hope you guys like it. --Ed

Click on the link below to see its functionality

https://www.facebook.com/thespyboys/videos/145840013744442

Attachments

• IMF_Briefcase  (1).jpg
    IMF_Briefcase (1).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMF_Briefcase  (2).jpg
    IMF_Briefcase (2).jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMF_Briefcase  (39).jpg
    IMF_Briefcase (39).jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMF_Briefcase  (40).jpg
    IMF_Briefcase (40).jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 145
My other project of the day was this laser cut wooden Mjolnir kit.
20201227_115238.jpg

20201227_120403.jpg
20201227_115246.jpg

20201227_125554.jpg

This was a much quicker build than the Rokr Robot. Mjolnir only took about an hour. It would have been quicker but some small parts took time to pop out of the board.

One of my friends recently saw that an original communication briefcase from the original MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE TV show was up for auction. He asked if I could duplicate it for his collection of Spy-related "gadgets." I was able to locate some of the vintage parts but had to substitute some modern days parts. I tried to get the look of the prop and not create an exact duplicate. Here are photos of the real prop and my version of it. Hope you guys like it. --Ed

Click on the link below to see its functionality

https://www.facebook.com/thespyboys/videos/145840013744442
Beautiful and somehow mysterious! You captured the feel of the original prop really well.

Working on designing and printing a GAU-18 .50 cal which is based on the Browning M2 as seen in this picture:View attachment 1294579View attachment 1294580

The M2 and its variants, is probably one of the most common weapons seen in movies.

TazMan2000

Nice. How is it coming along?

I just finished one intended as a retirement trophy for a weapons shop guy at work. I see the thing every day so it was nice running out for measurements when needed. This one is at 1/5th scale but i'm planning a more detailed 1/3rd scale version for myself.

Signeddiamond

Attachments

• 501.jpg
    501.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • 502.jpg
    502.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • 503.jpg
    503.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
Nice. How is it coming along?

I just finished one intended as a retirement trophy for a weapons shop guy at work. I see the thing every day so it was nice running out for measurements when needed. This one is at 1/5th scale but i'm planning a more detailed 1/3rd scale version for myself.

Signeddiamond

Check my progress here. Browning M2HB, M3 & AN/M2 machine gun 3D printed - Terminator RBS-80?

How did you make your 1/5 ones? They are nice especially with the full helicopter mount.

TazMan2000

Check my progress here. Browning M2HB, M3 & AN/M2 machine gun 3D printed - Terminator RBS-80?

How did you make your 1/5 ones? They are nice especially with the full helicopter mount.

TazMan2000

I had access to real components and took measurements whenever I needed them. I modeled each part individually and then combined them into more major chunks. The whole thing is printed in 11 parts. Certain bits of detail and measurements needed to be adjusted in order to allow for this scale. The cradle for example prints incredibly thin at this size and would warp so it was thickened very slightly while still allowing the model to be repositionable.

I knew that in all likelihood I would be asked to mass produce these once word got out around the different units so ease of printing was a tiny bit more important. I wasn't able to finish this one as cleanly as i would have liked due to time constraints but i'm the only one who has noticed honestly. The 1/3rd will just be for me and I have a good long list of wishes for it. Cant wait to dig back into the files.

Signeddiamond

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back