What's On My Workbench?

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I haven't posted much recently, but I've still been busy working on a few things.

-Facehugger. This thing is creepy. Legs like a womans fingers, and a pussy mouth just like our Predator...this thing is creepy all around. I recall Alien and Aliens increasing my dislike for spiders, so this is me facing my fear and still being fascinated by it.
11.jpg

-KJP1
There was virtually no work to do on this since Casey does such a fantastic job on all of his Bios. I just used some filler around the laser shroud to get the pieces to fit better.
12.jpg

-P1 Stunt Bio
The one thing thats kept me busy is the P1 Stunt Bio I got from George. This thing is a sheer work of art. The lines on it are fascinating and unlike any other Bio I have ever seen. By far the holy grail of any of my collection pieces - thats how awesome it is. George, I can't thank you enough my friend.

It had a bunch of small dents dings and some minor repairs that needed some filler. I used Apoxie Sculpt for anything that needed filling and then to reinforce the thin edges, I used Plumbers Epoxy. The eyes needed some re-constructive work, so the Apoxie worked perfectly and once it was sanded down, the eyes were as good as new again.

Eyes before Apoxie:
13.jpg

Eyes after:
14.jpg

The line here wasn't defined, so I did some minor dremel work. You can see how much filling the eyes needed by the amount of white Apoxie:
15.jpg

Bio after applying Apoxie:
16.jpg

...during the sanding process:
17.jpg

This needed some fixing:
18.jpg

After sanding and redoing the line with my dremel:
19.jpg

And how it looks now:
110.jpg

Great job re-defining that back fin flaw. The one thing that is wrong in the original mold that bugs me ..glad you were able to show how it can be fixed. Also glad you used the plumbers epoxy tip I gave you ..I actually used it on all the repairs to mine. If you use it in small amounts it has great workability, sets very fast and is rock hard in about 10 minutes, but sands down nicely. That dent in the forhead, however is part of the sculpt and not one of the mold flaws. Casey referenced me a different resin that Im now going to use in my further pulls. It gives me a little longer work time and gels in a way that the edges can be built up some more. I really wish there was an easier way of doing this, but the sculpt virtually ends at those edges ... so most of the time im building up the flash area to make it stronger ..only meaning that even when its cut, those edges need to be sanded to get that rounded look. Still havent decided how Im going to remold this yet ..I will probably use the plumbers epoxie to build more of an underlip around the edges.
Ok ..now that you have gotten the leg work out of the way..lets see one of those famous paint jobs on it

this will be an exciting thread to fallow ...especially with that hugger

I had a feeling that dent in the forehead was meant to be there, but since I was filling holes I thought I would fill that one too. Its the perfectionist in me lol! Just waiting on a laser shroud from Casey, and then I have to sculpt the hose thingy for the other side. No paint on this for a while yet...

Thats gonna be a while bro...once I get Pauls P1 Bio, I plan on getting that one ready and then I'll get a coat of primer on all the P1 Bios I have, take comparison pictures, measurements, and do a thorough review. So unfortunately its gonna be a while before they see any paint.

I plan on painting up Scott's Elder and the facehugger in between sanding and priming :)

nice work on the Bio J.
is that hugger a 1:1? you gonna go with the yellow alien version or the AVP skin tones?

I think its a 1:1. No idea if its a recast, but its about 3-4 feet long. Just looking at it gives me the heebie jeebies! Not sure what color to paint it...fleshy pink? Not sure yet...

even though the original version was a sickley yellowish, i think the skin tones are creepier. when it looks more human it seems creepier to me.

I think its a 1:1. No idea if its a recast, but its about 3-4 feet long. Just looking at it gives me the heebie jeebies! Not sure what color to paint it...fleshy pink? Not sure yet...

The original facehuggers were yellowish toned werent they?

Great P1, looks like the jaw is the right width, a little wider than have seen before, is that right mate?

Damn, another one to add to my want list.

I guess I can answere that. Yes.. Much wider then most. It's a perfect fit to a DB P1 wich is as close to a 1:1 head as there is. Fits better then the icons bio.. A bit deeper in the snout area too.. Allows for the mandibles to fit with no crowding

I guess I can answere that. Yes.. Much wider then most. It's a perfect fit to a DB P1 wich is as close to a 1:1 head as there is. Fits better then the icons bio.. A bit deeper in the snout area too.. Allows for the mandibles to fit with no crowding

I thought it looked more 'right', very nice indeed. Somewhat more like its Scar cousin.

I saw the facehugger on Stickam as you were painting it. It looked pretty creepy there. It definitely looks more creepy than the plush version that attacked me at Dragon*Con :)
4966298407_32f6e4e079.jpgDragonCon-09042010-057 by Elkman, on Flickr

I'd like to see the finished paintup on the facehugger. Actually, I'd like to see all the finished paintups. Keep us posted.

Sorry guys - I forgot to include the fact that I had to use a heat gun on the gap between the eyes and the brow as it was warped. Hence why you see all the white filler in there.

Thats a kick in the pants. I wonder what they did when they made the screen used ones? I thought maybe your casting was taken out too soon before it was fully cured or that the mold was giving out on you. Weird...this is right up there with things that make you go hmmm...

Well after a few repaints and mixing the colors to get it looking just right, I finally got the Bio done. Moving onto the jaw tomorrow...
Img_8720.jpg

Img_8721.jpg

Img_8722.jpg

Img_8723.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back