what paint do you use on a latex mask

Im no guru, but i asked the same question a while ago but it was for painting my suite. As far as i know from what I been told is you can paint latex with acrylic paint as long as the paint is airbrushed and thinned down with Prosaide(or a similar adhesive) and water. Then you finish it by coating it and sealing it with PermaWet. Unless the rule of thumb is different with a mask. Look around the forums, dig through them and you will find answers.

as has been said inmany different threads there are numerous ways to paint.

some mix prosaide with paint.. some apply a layer of prosaide then just paint as normal. using the like so FW inks. every now and again checking to see if prosaide is sticky.. reapply as needed.

on the one latex piece i have painted so far on my predator is my right shoulder armor and it was a 50/50 mix of prosaide and acryllic

just make sure to seal it with permawet afterwards i never bought permawet and when you touch the piece it feels kind of tacky but when i get permawet for my pred head skin and feet ill perma wet it all at same time so ya

I use createx airbrush paints and I dont mix with pro-saide I put layers on :) works way better and doesn't clock up my airbrush

ya what i found works best is applying coats of prosaid alone. and then painting straight over that with normal acrylics or FW inks (my favorites). yay less airbrush clogging! and then when the piece is no longer sticky, slap on another coat of prosaid and continue. It sorta nice with layering because it adds depth but thats just my preference.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back