What ONE prop has made it into the most movies?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Dec 13 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]1377457[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]
OH. That orange/red neon thing from Modern Props too- it had the 4 horizontal neon tubes that sequenced in a rolling motion.

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"
Bunch of other stuff- help me out.

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge
[/b]

It's been in SOOO many SciFi movies and TV shows. Several different TNG, DS9 and Voyager episodes.

Here's a picture of it turned off in TNG.

d33355datalore037p219.jpg

[/b][/quote]
It was also in the movie "Alien Nation".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GrenadeKing @ Dec 13 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1377481[/snapback]</div>
I feel noobish for asking, but what the heck is it? (Other than kinda cool in an "I'd like it in my living room" sort of way)
[/b]

You're not the only one. B)

That it appeared in so many movies with no real purpose, there has to be an interesting story behind it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Dec 13 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1377487[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GrenadeKing @ Dec 13 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1377481[/snapback]
I feel noobish for asking, but what the heck is it? (Other than kinda cool in an "I'd like it in my living room" sort of way)
[/b]

You're not the only one. B)

That it appeared in so many movies with no real purpose, there has to be an interesting story behind it. [/b][/quote]

Well I saw an interview years ago by the prop house owner who owns it. It was made as a background prop in a low budg flim. He then started to rent it out to all kinds of production CO's. It's now one of the "little nod" props set dressers like to use.

I have a memory of it in the 6 Million Dollar man, and/or bionic woman.

I'll bet Glen Larson Productions had it on retainer.

Great use for pool skimmers, isn't there another prop that uses the same skimmer?
It has a bank of lights in the intake. I think it would come in second.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ramiel @ Dec 13 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1377434[/snapback]</div>
I have to agree with hydin... The starship troopers armor is EVERYWHERE... :eek
[/b]

Where is it? I mean besides starship troopers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MjolnirArmor @ Dec 14 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1377550[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ramiel @ Dec 13 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1377434[/snapback]
I have to agree with hydin... The starship troopers armor is EVERYWHERE... :eek
[/b]

Where is it? I mean besides starship troopers.
[/b][/quote]

well

Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 2
Firefly (the Train Job) painted purple

and after a quick trip to Wikipedia
Planet of the Apes (2001)on the SWAT team at the end
Imposter with Gary Sinise
Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy

and I know there's more... I've seen it in several movies

That thing with the flashing lights in "Datalore" was also seen "on," for sure.

The Ossilation Overthruster (from BB) was also used on TNG at least twice that I remember.

Several of the modern prop rentals pieces would need to be in here, as well as the old computer console, the Burroughs, that was in everything Irwin Allen did and many other TV shows and films.

Robby the Robot... does he count?

Wasn't one of the Landmasters from Damnation Alley also the Ark in Ark II or Space Academy or something?

This question has my head spinning, great topic. :D

Oh, maybe that's the medication... :unsure

I'm going to go with the Thompson Sub-machine Gun. Countless gangster and war movies, plus Star Trek TOS (A Piece of the Action episode), Star Trek First Contact, Aliens (one of the base guns for the Pulse Rifle), plus many other movies I'm sure I can't remember the names of this early in the morning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]</div>
OH. That orange/red neon thing from Modern Props too- it had the 4 horizontal neon tubes that sequenced in a rolling motion.

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge
[/b]

DAMN. Beat me to it. It was also seen in several eps of Star Trek: Next Generation as some random bit of technical flotsam in the background. Used frequently, IIRC. I think it was also used in Airplane II in the Shatner scenes.

I whole-heartedly agree that this is the top, most re-used prop in Hollywood.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]</div>

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge [/b]

airplane 2. on the moon base

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]</div>

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge
[/b]

The Last Starfighter also- Grig adjusts the knobs on top. This one might be a winner.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atemylunch @ Dec 14 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]1377530[/snapback]</div>
I have a memory of it in the 6 Million Dollar man, and/or bionic woman.

I'll bet Glen Larson Productions had it on retainer.

Great use for pool skimmers, isn't there another prop that uses the same skimmer?
It has a bank of lights in the intake. I think it would come in second.
[/b]

are those doughboy pool skimmers? and what's the thing mounted in the center of the table?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaderman @ Dec 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1377576[/snapback]</div>
Wasn't one of the Landmasters from Damnation Alley also the Ark in Ark II or Space Academy or something?

[/b]

Yes on the Ark II and Space Academy but according to an article I found it was not the Landmaster.

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/landmaster/

From the site.
Created 7-14-01 Updated 4-15-03
First off ARK II (a 15 episode Flimation series form 1976) had nothing to do with Damnation Alley's landmaster. Really. Stop taking about it it messes up people searching for the Landmaster it on the internet. Just like the sentence above will do in a month or two : ) While the vehicle in ARK II was very cool it was taken apart the next year to become the front of the Strar Seeker in Space Academy. Ark II page coming next year.
What was the movie all anout anyhow? check out the Stomp Tokyo review.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back