What is your “Holy Grail” of movie props?

If a set piece can be defined as a prop, I would love the "meat grinder" from "Event Horizon." I would actually love to build a full size replica if I had the space and the designs. I've heard it said that the cast had to get used to passing through it since the spinning throws off your sense of balance and orientation. It basically makes you want to step off, fall over or just throw up in general.
View attachment 1323049
I built a small model of it and while trying to figure out how to build it I ended up making five tubular pieces that fit together and afterwards while watching some behinds the scenes stuff on it, I realized that's exactly how they built the full sized version. It was fifty feet long by roughly ten feet high.

This really isn’t a movie prop but it definitely does not get the recognition it deserves. This journal was the source of Heath Ledger’s inspiration for his version of the joker during the filming of The Dark Knight (in my opinion, the best DC movie of all time). He wrote in this journal for about a month locked in a hotel room preparing himself for the role. He even wrote a goodbye message in the back
3EAA7248-DE25-4D2D-A9D8-162C0D83F6C3.jpeg

R.I.P Heath

The Necronomicon and Kandarian Dagger from Evil Dead 2
Scaramanga's Gold Pistol from 007 - The Man With The Golden Gun
Kikuchiyo's odachi from Seven Samurai
MacReady's hat and the Norris head monster from The Thing
The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch from Monty Python's Holy Grail

I already own two of mine:

1.) Production-used, paint-covered overcoat worn by Robin Williams as the character "Chris (Christy) Nielsen" in the heaven scenes of "What Dreams May Come"
2.) Screen-matched, hero vampire contacts and production-used/prototype vampire contacts worn by Don Rickles as the character "Emmanuel (Manny) Bergman" in the film "Innocent Blood"

I have a couple more stashed away, but I don't want to spend another hour putting new photos together because it's frying my OCD. o_O

Comp.jpg

DSC_1435.JPG
DSC_1439.JPG
Untitled-1 copy.png
Untitled-2 copy.png

Thanks for looking,

Marshall

What dreams may come is to me one of his best besides patch adams.
Thanks for your reply! Yeah, it's definitely my favorite Robin Williams-related film. He did so much great work in general, but there's just something about his presence in this particular film that really drives home the emotional intensity, purpose, and journey of the character. Maybe because it was so far out of his normal acting element of goofy, lovable, uplifting comedies, that I end up immersed much more deeply in the story as a result. Whether it's that or not, I don't know if I would have loved the film quite as much if he hadn't been cast in the Chris Nielsen role. It is hard to imagine anyone else even being considered for it nowadays.

Marshall

The original Oxygen Destroyer from "Gojira"
The superhero Proton Pack from "Ghostbusters"
The werewolf head from "An American Werewolf in London"
Any Starbug model from "Red Dwarf"

Those be mine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back