What is your “Holy Grail” of movie props?

I bet a good boat person would be able to identify the maker and model. I bet there's dozens of those still bobbing around in some New England marinas.
The ORCA.. Sadly my dream prop has already forever been lost to the sands of time... (Universal Studios generic neglect)
If by some curse I ever do win the Lotto someday then shes definitely on the commission to rebuild list
View attachment 1293170

The ORCA.. Sadly my dream prop has already forever been lost to the sands of time... (Universal Studios generic neglect)
If by some curse I ever do win the Lotto someday then shes definitely on the commission to rebuild list
I have good news for you:
All the Jaws fans on the RPF should see if they could use your help with the details.

Last edited:
The batcave from 66.

Why not. I could live there and have really cool places to display my goodies.

Batman will protect me.

Jokes aside, the real batmobile from 66. I got to sit in a replica last year.

As with the above entry, the Orca from JAWS is my item and just this week I received a piece just this week ! Like Indiana, sometimes the search and patience pays off.

Attachments

• IMG_3361 (1).JPG
    IMG_3361 (1).JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 190
Great choice. Some of the replicas come close, but not close enough.

Here I am with the original case. We visited Desmond at his home and he let us take it back home with us to duplicate it. That's my AR-7 in the original case at my home. --Ed

Attachments

• 007-FRWL_Attache'-Real Prop  (29).jpg
    007-FRWL_Attache'-Real Prop (29).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 007-FRWL_Attache'-Real Prop  (37).jpg
    007-FRWL_Attache'-Real Prop (37).jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 215
In the end, there can be only one!

since 1984, there has been one thing on the list, and it ain’t no lightsaber!

Over the years, I have attempted to built a 1:1 T-800 endoskeleton many different ways. All failed.
I have tried building this in cardboard, PVC, and Pepakura. Each time, my hopes and dreams were crushed by the fact that there are just too many pieces that need to fit together for any of those methods to be realized into an actual model.

well, a few years ago, I discovered 3D printing. That was all I needed to make a go of a T-800.

this is still in the works, but it is, indeed a 1:1 Terminator endoskeleton

Attachments

• F43BEE2D-C608-4EA8-9981-6B0C25DE323C.jpeg
    F43BEE2D-C608-4EA8-9981-6B0C25DE323C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 246
  • 69D315E8-E61C-4ACD-A6C1-E8F01C1A1E7A.jpeg
    69D315E8-E61C-4ACD-A6C1-E8F01C1A1E7A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
  • EAF53A2A-B272-40C3-ACDB-A5DA3A5C4915.jpeg
    EAF53A2A-B272-40C3-ACDB-A5DA3A5C4915.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 259

Over the years, I have attempted to built a 1:1 T-800 endoskeleton many different ways. All failed.
I have tried building this in cardboard, PVC, and Pepakura. Each time, my hopes and dreams were crushed by the fact that there are just too many pieces that need to fit together for any of those methods to be realized into an actual model.

well, a few years ago, I discovered 3D printing. That was all I needed to make a go of a T-800.

Looking great!!!

This is awesome! which files are you using?

No question, it would be the "Toby" mug from 12 O'clock High. Sadly, the actual prop was stolen out of a General's house in the 80s or so, probably by someone with no clue as to what it was, and has never been seen since.
I have one of the replicas, though.

Watching Jaws with my Dad at a young age gave me a great love for boating, though sadly I'll probably never be able to afford anything more than a dingy or a rowboat. Because of that, the Orca has a very special place in my heart. Does anybody know if a blueprint or a schematic, even just at a scaled model level, exists?

Meant to reply to this, but the original head (not the original skin, mind you, which was replaced prior to Stan mounting the head in the shop) is owned by Scare Factory in Ohio. The original head is towards the back there, next to the Spino animatronic head. The one in the foreground is either the TLW female, reskinned, or simply cast from the original mold. I'm not sure which. OR, it could be the second, insert animatronic, that was used on close ups and high action shots in the first movie (like the Rex smashing through the Ford Explorer window). Though I'd assumed that one was dismantled/destroyed. But who knows!
View attachment 1293242

Scare Factory also owns the coveted TLW male animatronic head:
View attachment 1293243
View attachment 1293244
Actually none of that is correct.
A close friend of mine owns All the T Rex heads and life size dinosaurs including several Raptors from all 3 films and everything that SW has at his studio. The pictures above are his things. He is a tv director for Disney. He in the group shot of the photo above. Scarefactory owns none of it. It is only stored there temporarily. Some of it well most of his private collection was stored there including all the J Park heads. His private collection is almost 30 million and he owns most every film prop. Most.

Watching Jaws with my Dad at a young age gave me a great love for boating, though sadly I'll probably never be able to afford anything more than a dingy or a rowboat. Because of that, the Orca has a very special place in my heart. Does anybody know if a blueprint or a schematic, even just at a scaled model level, exists?

Meant to reply to this, but the original head (not the original skin, mind you, which was replaced prior to Stan mounting the head in the shop) is owned by Scare Factory in Ohio. The original head is towards the back there, next to the Spino animatronic head. The one in the foreground is either the TLW female, reskinned, or simply cast from the original mold. I'm not sure which. OR, it could be the second, insert animatronic, that was used on close ups and high action shots in the first movie (like the Rex smashing through the Ford Explorer window). Though I'd assumed that one was dismantled/destroyed. But who knows!
View attachment 1293242

View attachment 1293243
View attachment 1293244

View attachment 1293242

View attachment 1293243
View attachment 1293244
Scarefactory actually doesn’t own any of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back