What is the Worst movie ever made?

I know even on Best of the Worst they often change their definition of the worst. I would have to agree with their take on it. Is it so bad it's good? Or is it just bad, like unwatchable?

In this case of this discussion I defined it as unwatchable.

Plan 9 (as was brought up before) to me was so bad it's good. The fact that it was unintentionally funny made me enjoy it even though Ed Wood clearly thought it was good. Unless he trolled people on an expert level. hahahaha

Alien Resurrection still stands as one of the worst. not just a disappointment.
Exorcist II was laughed at on it's premier.
How so? I'm not a lover of the movie, it's effectively just a pulp scifi action movie with aliens thrown in. But I think the direction is stylish, cinematography and score are neat, pacing was good...story had issues yea. And I don't think the tone fits the Alien franchise at all.
Not trying to argue, just curious as to what makes you consider it as one of the worst movies. I recently for example watched Species for the first time for example and I could create a very long list of issues with that movie from a filmmaking point of view.

stylish perhaps but nonsensical. correct on the tone being completely wrong imo. what bugged me the most is i found nothing likeable in the characters at all.
all the Alien movies have had a problem with producer's meddling. this one just seems to be screwed up and tone deaf the worst. can't stand to watch it. this is just my opinion.
i rooted for the alien to kill them all. every last one of them.

btw, i got dragged to a Twilight movie 10 years ago by an ex girlfriend who was 39 at the time....

Last edited:
Well, it’s like Psab keel mentioned, what makes something a bad film? Is it competent enough to be called a film but just isn’t engaging in any way? Or is it a bad homemade B movie where those involved had no experience whatsoever in filmmaking? There will be a wide breadth of types of movies listed here, with everything from Suburban Sasquatch to The Rise of Skywalker.

In rare instances I can enjoy some mindless entertainment but more often than not I want to be engaged in the story.

In the case of the Happening I wanted all the characters to die because I found them annoying. Especially Mark Walhberg's character. I know there are hundreds of movies that I hated as well but thankfully I can't recall them because they were so forgettable.

Smokey and The Bandit III. There is just absolutely nothing good that can be said about that movie.

Also, The Bad News Bears Go To Japan...Just awful!! It's actually worse than the Billy Bob Thornton one.

For me, every Highlander production after the original. Let’s see, what was the tag line for the original Highlander? “There can be only one”.

Apparently not.
I knew that this one will come up, Highlander 2 is high on my list too...I think that is very close to being a good example of a bad movie, the script is nonsensical, very little to do with the original, and most importantly I think all sorts of meddling with the edit without a filmmaker having a vision and having it fulfilled. Sure, not every movie needs to be high art, but when someone comes in with a totally offkilter wild idea to begin with and it gets intercepted in many ways by studio, there's troubled production, etc it really shows and results in an inferior movie.
I may get flame for it but that's why I'm not keen on Alien3. It has fantastic qualities but it's so disjointed and messy, and I'm in the minority but the Assembly Cut just makes it even more offbeat for me.

In terms of a well shot and good sounding movie that makes little sense...Suspiria is definitely guilty but I still think it's a fantastic movie because the plot is completely secondary to the visuals by design. And you get that when you see it that this was the intention. But then again the same can be said about Avatar and the result is very different. It's a complex thing I guess. :D

Plan 9, Suburban Sasquatch > The Rise of Skywalker.

Suburban Sasquatch touched my heart and made me think about what we are doing to this planet, and all creatures who look like a man in a $1.98 monkey suit...

F2A98C45-5FCD-4519-AA46-C5DB6B4D9636.jpeg

...and to fear that Big Foot may rip out guts within my body that look like a can of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni, and shove them down my throat.

1E6665C1-7351-40DD-A0D2-499BA55A9DAD.jpeg

The extended Directors Cut also answered so many questions, on a deeper level.

Last edited:
If we're talking about bad as in unwatchable the worst I've seen is "Manos, the Hands of Fate."

I had trouble getting through this one, even with the MST3K treatment added in.

I have seen Manos, I have seen Star Crash, I have seen Mutants on the Bounty, I have seen Spacehunter, I have seen the Ator movies... So I have a good sense of other people's picks for "worst" when I say that the absolute worst I've ever seen are:

The Roller Blade Seven and Return of the Roller Blade Seven

I only watch these with other people who have not seen them yet, as the pain needs to be passed on. Like The Ring. I have to share the experience and watch them die inside. The schadenfreude eases my suffering somewhat.

"In terms of a well shot and good sounding movie that makes little sense...Suspiria "

do you mean the original or the remake? haven't seen the remake.
The original. The remake does make sense, in fact it's very much focused on characters and story and while it looks great it's not that harsh colourful like the original at all. I very much recommend it, I really like both versio but i
try to sit through this well photographed movie...Bio-domeView attachment 1292067
Well yea, I get your point indeed...:lol:
I was just musing where the border is when we are forgiving to the script, character and story shortfall for having a unique style.
I guess it all comes down to how a movie makes us feel, after all I think art is something that manages to make me feel a certain way and stimulate my senses. If that stimulation is (unintended) frustration, then yea it probably is a failure.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back