What happens when your Wand Collection Sonic gets eaten?

The Next Doctor

You freaking fix it, because you are an RPF member and you better have learned some skills from being around here.

Long story short, weathered the sonic, loved it, so did the dog.

Soooooo, I dismantled the sonic, sanded all the crackle and teeth marks off and gave it a new coat of paint.

Boom! One of a kind (at this moment) 10th Doctor Sonic in a 9th Doctor paint scheme. It also helps that the guys at TWC thought it looked snazzy.

And here is the pic, it is washed out in the pic.

20131030_112645.jpg

And yes, it still functions properly and the button still glows red.

Damn. Makes me want to do this to my own; any tips on dissembling the body?

Best tip I can give you is to be committed to the disassembly and don't wuss out, it isn't easy thinking that you might screwup a nice sonic.

Now I am going to sound like a jerk for the moment, I really am not comfortable explaining the disassembly without the approval of TWC. I do this more out of respect of the designers than being secretive.

Now I am going to sound like a jerk for the moment, I really am not comfortable explaining the disassembly without the approval of TWC. I do this more out of respect of the designers than being secretive.

Considering they are the ones who detailed the disassembly of the 11th Doctor's Screwdriver remote for the first few people who did conversions, I have a feeling they'd be okay with it, but I can respect your caution.

The sonic looks great, but I'm sad to hear you were sort of forced into modding this thing.

...at least your dog has good taste. :lol

-Nick

Best tip I can give you is to be committed to the disassembly and don't wuss out, it isn't easy thinking that you might screwup a nice sonic.

I decided against posting what I was going to post :)

Last edited:
10th Doctor Sonic in a 9th Doctor paint scheme.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAB7M/XwQBMLuXR80/s800/20131030_112645.jpg

And yes, it still functions properly and the button still glows red.
I don't think it has a nines paint scheme, I know it uses the same paint as the wide slider and Aztec and that tens used Aleenes crackle, but it just looks like a lighter shade of the sonic that David tennant used.

EDIT:

I have just realized that the sonic scheme was actually meant to be grey and the colony cream look was just wear

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back