What do you think the Twelfth Doctor will wear?

ponchopanda

So I thought a thread like this would be fun because we have along way to go before series 8 (Doubtful we'll see him in full costume during the christmas special) and I thought we could have a bit of speculation about Peter Capaldi's doctor outfit, feel free to add your own (That's pretty much the point of this thread.)All of the Doctors thus far have had pretty recognizable silhouettes so it took me a while to think of one that seemed 'unique and doctorish' but not too 'unique and doctorish' that he looked ridiculous. And then I thought, Matt is a younger man who tries to dress older, well, what if Capaldi is the opposite? I can see him probably in some sort of pullover sweater or cadigan mixing and matching with various shirts and ties, perhaps a knitted scarf or two (to keep the young, hip look I was talking about), and maybe some sore of boot (ala Pertwee), and some sort of canvas jacket over all of this (Something like Martin Freeman's jacket in Sherlock, modern looking but still nice enough to go over the 'dress clothes'). Stuck on pants though. What do you think?

Last edited:
I recall hearing they were letting Capaldi have a large input into the costume, after their experience with Matt Smith. The Moff, and others were thinking young/funky/pirate-ish and Matt said Tweed, braces, bow-tie. He was told that was too silly, but he was right.

So... That suit Capaldi wore when he was introduced as Doc 12 looked good, but is it "Doctor-ish" enough? I honestly have no idea. I guess I'll wait until the inevitable reveal at the end of his first full episode ad see if it looks 'right'. It's just hard to tell, after all, a pin-stripe on Tennant looked right. And while the shirt and tie looks good on Matt Smith (out of character) he just didn't look like the Doctor until the tweed.

Theory.png

Here is what I noticed last week when the 4th batch of promo pics for the Christmas special were released.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back