What are your favorite fictional guns based on real ones?

DPI

My favorite is between the Morita rifle and the ZF-1 (for how over the top it is)

Attachments

• 57163DA6-4B24-4BC8-91E8-12B578CC3177.jpeg
    57163DA6-4B24-4BC8-91E8-12B578CC3177.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 200
Is the Morita a Ruger Mini-14 under that shell? I can't remember.

That's definitely a cool one.

I also like the "Muzzlelite" bullpup shells that go over the Mini-14, that they used in Total Recall and Terminator.

I have one that fits on a 10/22. It's neat and very 80's.

You know what? Looking again at the Morita, it actually looks like an altered Muzzlelite!

Is the Morita a Ruger Mini-14 under that shell? I can't remember.

That's definitely a cool one.

I also like the "Muzzlelite" bullpup shells that go over the Mini-14, that they used in Total Recall and Terminator.

I have one that fits on a 10/22. It's neat and very 80's.

You know what? Looking again at the Morita, it actually looks like an altered Muzzlelite!
Yep, has an ac556 under the hood and it is a muzzlelite, but modified. Tank girl also features some muzzlelite rifles. Goofy Obie, but I liked it.

Several of my favs have already been mentioned so I'll go with a few from two of my favourite shows, Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica. First up is the PPG Rifle/Carbine. I'm reasonably sure that the bulk of the weapon is based off of the Ruger Mini 14 Series 182. Here are a few images to look over,
Babylon-5-PPG-Carbine-comparison 1.png

PPG Carbine comparison 2.png

10801504.png

The later version used was also based on the same Mini 14,
Babylon-5-B5-PPG-Rifles-and-pistols-5.jpg

Another one on the show which was only seen briefly in two episodes. It was based off of the Muzzlelite 1022.
Babylon-5-B5-PPG-Rifles-and-pistols-1.jpg

One last one was again only on screen for a couple of seconds, it is pretty easy to see it a MP5,
Drazi assualt weapon.jpg

Now for Battlestar Galactica, with the exception of the Season 1 sidearm which was a S&W 686 beneath a frame. All the other weapons were pretty much left alone except for some bits and bobs added on like for the FN 57 which has a grenade launcher added beneath the barrel at the business end.
BSG_pistol.jpg

The longarm seen the most is the Beretta CX4 carbine. There were Picatinny rails added as well as a custom flash suppresor,
800px-BSGS3E02_07.jpg

Here's an obscure one that's always been a favourite of mine. This is Alita/Gally's 'Tuned' pistol from the 'Battle Angel Alita' manga (not the movie). From the look of it, I think the writer/artist Yukito Kishiro must have been inspired by a few different real-world weapons, which is why it looks so functional. To me it seems to take at least some of its design cues from a Calico M960 and the Hämmerli 280, with an FN P90 magazine. It looks great in the manga, but as a real-world weapon I think it's very convincing! And it's a beast, too! :D

IMG_7882.jpeg

manga-shots.jpg IMG_7899.jpeg IMG_7896.jpeg IMG_7894.jpeg IMG_7892.jpeg IMG_7891.jpeg IMG_7888.jpeg IMG_7886.jpeg IMG_7885.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back