What are you dreaming, little angel?

wayouteast

Sr Member
I've just recently acquired an Elegoo Mars resin printer, which has expanded the possibilities for modelling subjects. I've been a huge fan of the 'Gunnm' (Battle Angel Alita) manga since its first publication in the early 90's, and I absolutely loved last year's live action movie 'Alita: Battle Angel', which I thought combined high octane action with a real emotional heart, and some of the best CGI I've ever seen. A while ago I built and painted a nice resin figure of the movie Alita in her later 'berserker' body, which is a nice companion to the manga/OVA version of the character that I've had for years.

IMG_4663.JPG

I found several STL files online when searching for anything Alita-related, one of which - on the Cults3D site - was her as we see her at the very beginning of the movie, discarded and broken in the Scrapyard at the centre of Iron City, ready to be discovered by Ido and returned to life after 300 years. It's a poignant and evocative scene, and I wondered if I could recreate it.

I spent a fun couple of days sorting through bits from my spare parts box, cannibalised model kits and the odd bit of scratchbuilding to build and then paint a scrapyard as a resting place for our cybergirl heroine. Alita herself, as well as her heart, ribcage and spine are 3D printed. The rest of her internal workings are from the parts box or scratchbuilt. The clear tubes from her heart that carry her blood (blue cyber and red organic) are heat-formed fibre optic.

The piece is roughly1/6 scale, the base being around 218cm in diameter. All told it took me about a month to build and paint, and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out compared to the original scene!

IMG_4831.JPG IMG_4833.JPG IMG_4835.JPG IMG_4837.JPG IMG_4842.JPG IMG_4843A.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back