What are you’re top 3 go to Christmas movies

As an adult I usually only watch Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story every year. I guess I'd add Home Alone on there for my third. I do still really like Emmet Otter, but I haven't watched that since my niece and nephew were younger!

...gotta toss in the original 1964 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the longest running Christmas special in history. Big thanks to both Montgomery Ward employee Robert May for coming up with the original poem as an ad campaign for the department store chain, and his brother-in-law-Johhny Marks for developing the subsequent song (Marks' neighbor just happened to be Arthur Rankin).

And then the Japanese stop motion work overseen by "Tad" Mochinaga and sponsorship by G.E.

I can still picture my South Florida childhood when I think of Rudoplh.

kyoko_kita.jpg

Rudolph absolutely has to be on the list. My wife and I played some trivia the other night that was based on the original Rudolph. I did not know the backstory in its development, thank you for sharing!

"Elf" with Will Ferrell, James Caan and Zooey Deschanel never gets old for me.
And if you're into (English) classics, look up "A Child's Christmas in Wales" on youtube. That has to be my all-time favorite ever since I have seen it on tv as a kid

It’s A Wonderful Life. For me, there are no comparisons.

Although, I do prefer the original lost ending of the classic film.

“Hee-Haw, and Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!”

;)
I have the SNL Christmas DVD with that skit, always cued up to play immediately after the original ends. :cool: (y)

Obviously it's not a Christmas movie but they always show The Sound of Music around Christmas time; so it has a Christmas feel to me.

Okay I don't normally post on these but here we go. Top movies :
1. A Christmas Story
2. Christmas Vacation
3. Tie with Die hard and The Polar Express.
Top Christmas TV shows:
1. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
2. Rudolph's Shiny New Year
3. A Year Without a Santa Claus
Cheers,
Kevin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back