what and where to get second best AT-AT?

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by takevin, Jun 9, 2006.

1. takevin

takevin Sr Member

besides MR, and not paying several car payments, what does someone reccomend for a decent ATAT, any garage kits out there?

2. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well there's that fantastic ATATRon kit, which is even bigger than the MR I think. :D

And in lieu of that, there's always the 13" Wizards of the Coast" version that goes with that collectible card game or whatever it is... not supremely accurate but the best of the mass-produced bunch.

- k

4. luke moonwalker

luke moonwalker Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 9 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1259277[/snapback]</div>
    You could also keep an eye on Ebay for good deals on "second" MR's... slightly damaged returns, no cases, etc... I picked this SE one up with no case/plaque for $270.

[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/DSCF0147.JPG[/image]

-Jay

5. Viceland

Viceland Active Member

Out of the MR, the ATATRon, and the SMT kit, does anyone know which is the biggest?

6. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

ATATRon is tallest, but it's fan-made and was constructed from photos. Because of this, the body is slab-sided which makes it seem a little "off" when you compare it to screen shots and reference material. It's really nice, but it's not as accurate as the MR one - the MR one is correct to the real props, with a slightly ovoid body. It's best, hands down.

7. takevin

takevin Sr Member

this should get a laugh but has anyone ever done anything with the classic plastic toy one, I remember long ago someone had asked/did the same?