What’s on Your Workbench? (Star Wars items only)

Im working on a Han Solo ESB bespin blaster from Blaster Factory. I have it assembled, just have to weather it now.
2420838F-CC20-4386-8E1E-44F47DC32EB9.jpeg

Made some more progress on my ESB Stunt Skywalker Hilt…

(The clamp is deliberately upside down as this is supposed to be the V3 clamp before it was repurposed for the ROTJ Shared Stunt / V3 Skywalker hilt)

View attachment 1605757
Where did the idea of the V3 clamp come from?

If you do want to put ears on it, I've seen this prop used as a belt hanger in a dagobah scene, with bunny ears, but with no retaining ring holding them together

Last edited:

In the main V3 thread, we had talked, at a certain point, about the theory of the V3 clamp having been salvaged from an ESB Skywalker Stunt, with the holes in the clamp being explained by rivets securing the clamp to the ESB hilt (for increased stability, when dueling).

The clamp in my build will be pop riveted to the bottom half of the flash handle via the corresponding holes already drilled into the clamp…similar to the look of this saber:

500BEC86-25B7-4EA3-8533-F8267E74AA57.jpeg

If you do want to put ears on it, I've seen this prop used as a belt hanger in a dagobah scene, with bunny ears, but with no retaining ring holding them together
There is a thread coming out very soon about the dagobah belt hanger, along with a video from was wacky guy who hangs out in a shed… I personally don’t trust the guy but..

Anyway! 100% positive the v3 clamp didn’t come from the dagobah saber.

Seems like it’s under the same idea though, a random stunt graflex had mounting screws located in the clamp rather than the top of the hilt

With all the photos out there, I have yet to see the v3 clamp (with holes) on anything else besides the v3 in rotj

There is a thread coming out very soon about the dagobah belt hanger, along with a video from was wacky guy who hangs out in a shed… I personally don’t trust the guy but..

Anyway! 100% positive the v3 clamp didn’t come from the dagobah saber.

Seems like it’s under the same idea though, a random stunt graflex had mounting screws located in the clamp rather than the top of the hilt

With all the photos out there, I have yet to see the v3 clamp (with holes) on anything else besides the v3 in rotj

Rivets or screws….what is the consensus regarding what we are seeing here?

858B1C03-A957-43C4-8FC1-85D2EBB30FA9.jpeg

They look to be rounder and prouder than a standard rivet…and almost look like round head screws.

This hilt also appears to possibly be a rubber or resin casting of whatever the original hilt may have been? (There appears to be “black” under what appears to be silver paint?)

Last edited:
Rivets or screws….what is the consensus regarding what we are seeing here?

View attachment 1606039

They look to be rounder and prouder than a standard rivet…and almost look like round head screws.

This hilt also appears to possibly be a rubber or resin casting of whatever the original hilt may have been? (There appears to be “black” under what appears to be silver paint?)
Beats the sh1t out of me, I’ve never seen a rivet with that size head. I always took it as “cap bolts” but I don’t have much experience with that graflex

One thing to not over look with the v3 clamp is the holes are chamfered, like they were hit with a stepper bit or counter sink.. most likely a counter sink judging by the other hilts holes being smooth and chamfered

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back