Wh1plash's Luke X-wing helmet build

wh1plash

Did this build a while ago, but I'm kind of new to this forum, so thought I might share some pics.

Finished product:

DSC_4023.jpg

Here's the fully assembled darthhair kit that I started with:

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Cut some relief into these decals so they would lay flat on the spherical helmet:

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

Here's the finished pics before I began weathering:

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

For weathering, I went with black acrylic paint, water, and dish soap mixed together. Slather it on, then blot it off with paper towels. Clearcoat, and repeat. On one of the rounds, I did a light spray of black spraypaint over it, so the soapy water would repel in places. Made for a good effect I think.

IMG_1473.jpg

DSC_4024.jpg

DSC_4023.jpg

DSC_4025.jpg

DSC_4026.jpg

DSC_4022.jpg

DSC_4028.jpg

DSC_4027.jpg

Is this your own interpretation of Luke's helmet, or based on one of the rarely seen variation? If you're going for accurate, you need to put in quite a bit more grey line detail (around the red cheek boxes and encircling the red and yellow V's section), you need the black line detail at the bottom of the mohawk sides, you need the black detail lines either side of the red stripe down the centre of the mohawk, the red rebel phoenix insignias need black outlines and your Mohawk end cap should be white and yellow (with thin black lines either side of the yellow lines) instead of black and yellow.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back