Westworld (HBO)

Man that’s amazing!!!

I really enjoyed the second season, but not as much as the first.

This third season has me intrigued, but I’m not sure I like that it seems like so much of it is taking place outside of the park.

If they can tell a story that works, I’m for it...but I liked the aesthetic aspects of the Old West inside the park.

That was one of the things I didn't like about what I've seen so far, they are all over the place except for the Old West. I'll admit there are some possibilities with a setting in World War II but I would have to see how they handle it.

First let me say that I saw both season 1 and 2. Season 1 I found to be clever - clever enough to make me watch it a second time knowing the twists...

Season 2 I followed, and understood but did not find it clever. Even though certain episodes and scenes were fantastic - as a whole I found it to be VERY unsatisfying. Confusion and obfuscation disguising as clever story-telling. Yes I was able to follow it, and yes I understand that it was an artistic choice to make it disjointed so as to reflect Bernard's scrambled memories etc. But it just didn't have the same hook.

I'll watch season 3, hoping for a return to form... That being said I didn't see anything in the trailer that made me any more interested than before. but I didn't expect them to really give anything away in the trailer either.

Jedi Dade

First let me say that I saw both season 1 and 2. Season 1 I found to be clever - clever enough to make me watch it a second time knowing the twists...

Season 2 I followed, and understood but did not find it clever. Even though certain episodes and scenes were fantastic - as a whole I found it to be VERY unsatisfying. Confusion and obfuscation disguising as clever story-telling. Yes I was able to follow it, and yes I understand that it was an artistic choice to make it disjointed so as to reflect Bernard's scrambled memories etc. But it just didn't have the same hook.

I'll watch season 3, hoping for a return to form... That being said I didn't see anything in the trailer that made me any more interested than before. but I didn't expect them to really give anything away in the trailer either.

Jedi Dade

You just put into words what I've been feeling about Season 2. I also don't like that we are moving farther and farther away from Westworld which was always the hook for me.

It looks great and we now know when it is starting but what happened to Westworld? It looks like everything is set in modern times and I liked the old west of the first season.

It looks great and we now know when it is starting but what happened to Westworld? It looks like everything is set in modern times and I liked the old west of the first season.

There's only so much you can do in that one section of the park and keep things interesting... Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the real world outside of the Delos complex.

Finally a trailer that made me feel excited about it. Although it does look like only minimal parts of the story will actually center around the park (which I will miss) the almost "ghost in the shell" story gone wrong is kinda of cool... but I can see where many will see it as too far of a departure from the "westworld" story. unless the big reveal at the end of the season is that they are in an even bigger "park" and all of this too is a loop :)

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
I expect some kind of twist about this not being reality either. But we'll see if they go that route or bring the whole thing back into the park for some reason. Honestly, I just want the writing and story telling to remain strong without the fractured narrative. Well, I hope they're not going to fracture the narrative again.

OMG.

That was amazing.

Quick thoughts...

They moved the show into the “real” world so that they can deck Evan Rachel Wood out in fantastic dresses. (Full disclosure, she is my official celebrity crush lol)

Caleb seems like a good man...albeit one that finds himself in a messed up world. He is, possibly, the first good person she’s interacted with in quite some time.

Teddy?

WWII World? WWI World?

I was pretty much lost for most of the episode but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season even if I do miss Westworld but I can't wait to see what they do with WWII.

Last edited:
OMG.

That was amazing.

Quick thoughts...

They moved the show into the “real” world so that they can deck Evan Rachel Wood out in fantastic dresses. (Full disclosure, she is my official celebrity crush lol)

Caleb seems like a good man...albeit one that finds himself in a messed up world. He is, possibly, the first good person she’s interacted with in quite some time.

Teddy?

WWII World? WWI World?

Definitely WWII. WWI didn't have Nazis or swasticas. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back