Westinghouse Variable-Cartridge Blaster - Licensed Prop

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Blad, May 25, 2006.

1. Blad

Blad Sr Member

This is a slightly different post to most, in the form of a short resume and the story of how a fan-made replica can lead to a Licensed product......

Jason Wilbourn is responsible for some stunning Licensed replica weapons from 2000AD comic, he started by unleashing his inner mutie.........

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'></div>

Thanks to Jason for mentioning yours truly.

There will be a F/S thread in the Junkyard and although we recognise that our comic props may be a little more niche than stuff from Master Replicas or Sideshow we'd be delighted to offer the RPF 10% of sales towards hosting and software fees.

Cheers,

Charlie

2. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that.... is freaking AWESOME........

i still have my JA toy figure standing guard over my hellraiser cube on the shelf.

i loved that comic as a kid, and that blaster looks like it could have stepped off the page.

damned fine work, and a terrific story as well :)

chris

3. Blad

Blad Sr Member

Thank you Chris :)

4. Hairyloft

Hairyloft Well-Known Member

Ordered mine today really does look the business. Always loved SD and 2000ad.

5. Wake

Wake Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Hairyloft @ Jul 16 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1281723[/snapback]</div>
    I've just shipped your Westinghouse so you should get it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Wake

6. Hairyloft

<div class='quotetop'>(Wake @ Jul 17 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1282372[/snapback]</div>
    I've just shipped your Westinghouse so you should get it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Wake
    [/b][/quote]

Thanks, Sounds like a good excuse to leave early from work tomorrow :) On a side note is Jason going to be working on the Rogue Trooper Gun as well sometime in the future?, if so have you any pre production details yet ?

Thanks

7. Wake

Wake Well-Known Member

BTW, the original scratch-built Westinghouse blaster that Jason made to sell on eBay was this one:

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>(Hairyloft @ Jul 17 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1282447[/snapback]</div>
    He is planning on working with Charlie on a Rogue Trooper Gunnar which will probably be a combination of HIP plastic, resin and metal.

Cheers,

Wake

8. Blad

Blad Sr Member

Yes - there are some drawings, it's based on the comic rather than the game version. :)

9. Hairyloft

Received the Westinghouse prop today as promised and have to say, real big, nice and weighty with a cracking paint job, love it. Its great to see someone finally producing props from 2000ad especially Stontium Dog and Judge Dredd, but looking forward to see how the Rogue Trooper turns out as well. Only problem is finding space in an expanding collection of gun props which my wife isn't exactly happy about :)

Thanks again

10. Craious

Craious New Member

I know this is a very old thread but just wanted to say that Alpha is my fav character. As a child with numerous health issues, I really connected with old kreelman and considered myself a stront dog which, even though may sound a little silly, really kept me going with all the issues I had.

Now as an adult who, in medical terms is a real walking contradiction (should've been dead n buried years ago!), I am slowly creating an alpha costume for cos-play. I've only ever seen one done and can't believe he's not more popular.

Here's a pic of my full size SD badge.
    image.jpg

11. Cavalier

Cavalier New Member

Finally getting a vac formed Westinghouse!!!