Watchmen (HBO TV series)

Really enjoyed this week’s episode, too.

There seemed like a TON of stuff happened, and I like how each character got developed a bit more.

I’m really liking the costumes, too.

That guy just sounds like a whiny fanboy waiting for something to hate (and get views!) I don't generally watch YouTube reviews but I was bored. It was just complaining about nothing and stuff being "shoved down our throats". Somebody making money on YouTube without creativity while complaining about other people not using creativity, as Palpatine would say "it's ironic". ;)
Pretty much disagreed with all his points, maybe he should lay off the booze, sobriety is a better state of mind for analysis of just about anything.

Episode 3 was really strong and we got the direct connection to the original story I've been waiting for. Having Laurie on the opposing side from the masked cops was a great way to introduce her into the story. So far I'm digging this a lot! :cool: (y)

I’m glad to see a few comments in this thread.

I was starting to think I was the only one here watching it.
I am more of a Rorschach anyway - walking by this forum without my mask on most of the time (and yes still carrying that sign of no more preorders, but I digress) - but after the 3rd episode had to chime in, spoiler free of course

Yeah, the show just keeps getting better, and I thought episode 3 was especially strong. Great casting with Jean Smart as an older Laurie. Great character development there. The reveal of Jeremy Iron's character, suited up in the classic comic costume, was handled brilliantly.

I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion happening here, but there is plenty to be had on Reddit. Lots of good theories there, about who might be behind what, and where it all might be going.

Really digging the music that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are putting together for it, initially released on vinyl, like an in-universe album. HBO doing the Peteypedia thing gives the sort of background supplementary information that the comic had as well.

Didn't think I'd like the show from episode but boy did they prove me wrong! I found the Tulsa Race Riot of '21 a very interesting starting point. The evolution of Rorschach's diaries/philosophy into the 7the Kavalry makes perfect sense and is a perfect mirror to current political events. I like how they are moving the concepts and characters of the original story forward. The casting is excellent. Hope they can keep it up!

“...that show is garbage...it’s full of historical inaccuracies.”

I like this show. The world building, the dialogue. Some of the technology is ok. And I want that silver mask lol

“...that show is garbage...it’s full of historical inaccuracies.”
LOLwut? Don't these people realize the premise of The Watchmen is that it exists in an alternate reality? I'm pretty sure Dr. Manhattan wasn't the one who nuked Japan.

Sorry CT1138 - I forgot to say I was reading the extra material on the web (peteypedia). The showrunners should put some of “American Hero Story: Minutemen“ out there just because, who wouldn’t want to see the comedian back on tv (whistling ;))

I’m really loving this show.

I do hope, however, that we get some answers to some of these questions THIS season. Lindelof can get a bit heavy with questions that take years to get answered, so I’m hoping we don’t end up with that here. I mean, I don’t need every mystery solved/answered, but I don’t want there to be no resolutions to any of the things we’ve seen so far.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back