Watch collectors / appreciation thread

ID10T

Sr Member
So, I did a quick (four-pages deep) search and didn’t find anything like this.

I sort-of collect watches. Not like John Mayer, but I have a few, and some even have worth! I also repair and restore them because I can’t afford nice, fully-functional ones (not totally true but not far off).

I thought I’d post a few of mine and share, and invite other collectors, or just those who appreciate watches, to post their many, or single-watch, collection here for us all to enjoy. (That may be a run-on sentence or perhaps record holder for most commas…)

Here we go:
1B3A2A53-F3C5-49C0-B43D-8E73EB23A2FF.jpeg

Seiko SKX007J Japanese domestic market version. Probably up for sale as I’ve bought stuff recently…

0BF0031F-E762-44E2-9CCD-F0DA8C60F108.jpeg

Tudor 9411 (1978) restored by me. One of my favorites!

BC354619-B836-4A98-B816-49BE851FC6C0.jpeg

My Casio Alien-inspired construction. I like it but it’s not terribly comfortable.

1BA9C0D9-A0D2-4A78-A734-CF9B85451AD6.jpeg

Tudor Black Bay I nearly bought (way over my budget, but nice!)

C8743E0C-F483-4D4D-90E0-F92C9BFEE908.jpeg

Dream watch: Omega Seamaster 1000. Favorite of Jacques Cousteau.

That’s all for now but I’ll post more. Let’s see what you guys have!

I also sort of collect watches. It's an offshoot of my general estate sale/antiquing habit, so nothing really high end. The best I've found is my $5 Omega F300. It's Omega's version of the Accutron, (that's the one with the tuning fork).

Attachments

• IMG_20200707_203215_370.jpg
    IMG_20200707_203215_370.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
Those are great! And it is the Bulova patent movement (design used under license) and incredibly accurate, even by quartz standards. Very tricky to service and regulate but otherwise a real advance in technology.

The main wheel is about the diameter of a pea and has 300 teeth on it…

That Hooper dial looks exactly like the old Omega Seamaster 300 dial! (I’m building one of those now)

and jkno that is a nice collection of older pieces. You can find some real gems if you like the smaller case sizes.

Here is my collection at the moment. The top row are all watches I built. If anyone really wants to nerd out over watches, there is a group called The Brotherhood of The Submariner (BSH).

79C35593-5FF5-44A0-8103-74E60ECE045C.jpeg

1. BSH Honor Guard watch (my go to for Honor Guard details)

2. Bond Quantum of Solace Omega Homage

3. Bond Spectre Homage

4. Tudor homage

5. Omega Seamaster (my grail / case queen)

6. Sea Shepard (my daily work watch)

7. Captain Willard Homage (daily off duty watch)

8. Casio (workout watch)

9. Hydra watch (just for fun)

Alot of great collections here i am never surprise by what people collect. I am normally left in awe thinking dang why didn't i think of that! Love the swapping of parts in order to create your own. Great job!

Here is my collection at the moment. The top row are all watches I built. If anyone really wants to nerd out over watches, there is a group called The Brotherhood of The Submariner (BSH).

View attachment 1483729

1. BSH Honor Guard watch (my go to for Honor Guard details)

2. Bond Quantum of Solace Omega Homage

3. Bond Spectre Homage

4. Tudor homage

5. Omega Seamaster (my grail / case queen)

6. Sea Shepard (my daily work watch)

7. Captain Willard Homage (daily off duty watch)

8. Casio (workout watch)

9. Hydra watch (just for fun)
NICE!

I have a Planet Ocean as well, but the 45.5mm version on rubber strap. The bracelet is quite heavy! I think I would actually prefer a 42, as you have, but I have not found one to try yet.

Today I'm wearing this:
IMG_E2887[1].JPG

NICE!

I have a Planet Ocean as well, but the 45.5mm version on rubber strap. The bracelet is quite heavy! I think I would actually prefer a 42, as you have, but I have not found one to try yet.

Today I'm wearing this:
View attachment 1483818

Such a beautiful piece! I’ve always wanted the confidence to wear my Omega as daily driver but I’m so clumsy.

I wear a 1961 Omega Seamaster DeVille every day and someday will buy a moon watch.
Speaking of Moon watches…

The wife and I recently celebrated a milestone anniversary. I’ve been eyeing up the Moon watch for awhile and really loved the vintage look of the 57, modeled after the original Speedmaster from 1957.

Scored a pretty good deal on a preowned piece on eBay and really appreciated their watch certification program that verifies the watch’s authenticity. Been loving this one…

EF6DF3AD-3829-44C9-9F14-60A0DE2B80B9.jpeg

I have a few others I’ll post up later…

Sean

Here’s another. This is the Tag Heuer worn in the first Jason Bourne movie, famously seen in the bank box scene.

They haven’t been in production for quite awhile, and I snagged this one off of eBay almost a decade ago. I just recently had it refurbed.

Sean

D9718660-630B-4026-965B-B7FC7652A87C.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back