was revell sold?

It seems so

While it sucks for the US employees, in the grand scheme of things, it may be better off having Revell of Germany handle designing/production. I believe they did some of the better Star Wars kits anyway (like the Venator )

I'm not sure what, if anything it means for kits in the states. From what I have seen it implies Revell of Germany will design/produce the kits and distribute them over here. Revell of USA is effectively gone

Last edited:
Maybe we'll start getting some decent kits with Revell Germany in charge now.

Well, I'm from Germany but to be honest revell Germanys last offerings in Braille scale where not so impressive. Details blurry and so on. Non the less maybe, but just maybe, it is good for static modeling

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

More Hobbico related,then Revell but

"also up in the air due to Hobbico’s bankruptcy is the distribution of Italeri and Hasegawa models. Hobbico was their U.S. distributor. There has been no word yet on who else may take up Italeri and Hasegawa distribution in the U.S. market."

Last edited by a moderator:
The one cheap revell kit I have, just for the greebles, it just looks so pathetic compared to other kits. Its like they sanded all the edges before shipping it out or something.

My dad gave me the new revell A wing and I couldn't believe that the pieces weren't even on sprues. They just came in a bag!

Anyway, my 4 year old and I put it together in 5 minutes

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back