Warped Bio

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
This was a Bio I sold to a client in Indonesia a couple months ago. This is what happens when a Bio has been sitting in a box for a long period of time in a very hot environment. It was in transit for almost 2 months and then another 3 weeks sitting at the post office :

IMG00211-20110809-0142.jpg.png

IMG00213-20110809-0143.jpg.png

IMG00215-20110809-0144.jpg.png

5.jpg.png

It was an ICONS P1 Bio, but you can't really tell anymore!

**** man How hott was it over their? Wow that some crazy heat damage. I was talking with LV about how I'm going to add epoxy around the inside edges to all my bios so they will not warp or lose shape over time. I mean all around the edges of the bio.

I added a pic of how it looked before...still can't believe it...

I already told him to use a heat gun on the inside...hopefully he can salvage it

damn that sucks dude,......i worried about that before too,.....

and this damn heat wave def doesn't help the situation ....

bummer B)

Wow the before and after picture is crazy. That was a lot of heat hitting that bio for sure, bio does not even look the same.

Wow! Unfortunately, Ice...rimming the bio in epoxy won't save a heat warp as long as the bio is made from plastic resin. It would still warp and the epoxy would crack off. However to get that type of warping it would have to be in a hot place for a long time. Only real preventative would be a fiberglass casting. But like Casey said a heat gun and some bending should fix it up

Aaaaaah... poopy cakes. B)

That is just ridiculous for something like that to sit around and be "in transit" for that long. Obviously the postal system is messed up all over the world. :D

Would this cause the lense to warp also and would that be repairable as well?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back