Warhammer 40k terminator

Truly mind blowing work! Put this on the list of "cosplays that are impossible but someone did them anyway". I really want to do more Warhammer props and outfits (heh -- Space Wolf player). Dabbled a little making a Slaves to Darkness fantasy helmet for a buddy. Keep up the truly awe-inspiring work, AdeptMechanic.

Attachments

• IMG-0066.JPG
    IMG-0066.JPG
    878.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG-0065.JPG
    IMG-0065.JPG
    981 KB · Views: 185
Truly mind blowing work! Put this on the list of "cosplays that are impossible but someone did them anyway". I really want to do more Warhammer props and outfits (heh -- Space Wolf player). Dabbled a little making a Slaves to Darkness fantasy helmet for a buddy. Keep up the truly awe-inspiring work, AdeptMechanic.
Looking at the pics of your work, you're no slouch either! That helmet is awesome. What did you make it out of? The Pepakura files are out there for all different marks of armor and weapons. Find some and Wade in, the water's warm haha.

Looking at the pics of your work, you're no slouch either! That helmet is awesome. What did you make it out of? The Pepakura files are out there for all different marks of armor and weapons. Find some and Wade in, the water's warm haha.
Heh. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, AdeptMechanic. The helmet is EVA floor mat foam with some 3mm for the horns and 6mm for the trim. Even has some GW Shades for the weathering so it has Warhammer bona fides!

Have a few update pics on the shield. I was wracking my brain cell trying to figure out how to make the front details on the shield. I'd like to make it 3d like in this pic
IMG_20200523_165923165.jpg

I tried a bunch of different things and settled on 2" urethane foam for the angel. The rest can be Eva foam, it's all flat. Here's where I'm at
IMG_20200524_205137280.jpg

IMG_20200524_205208767.jpg

IMG_20200524_205223970.jpg

I stacked some 1 and 2", made my pattern and traced on the stack. I've never carved anything this big in 3d, so this may have fail written all over it. I'll have to take my time and ease the folds in. The swords I'll make out of PVC foam board or some such.
Here's a quick shot of the back
IMG_20200523_210502591.jpg

Wow! Just Wow. Do you have any video of how it moves or the suiting up process?
The suiting up process requires at least 1 helper. My huskie can't reach the shoulders to put them on, haha, so I haven't had the complete upper body on. I start with the waist, then the shins and boots. The feet have chopped roller blade boots mounted in the foot. Then the thighs (these are split and have Velcro by the groin). All the lower body has adjustable straps for height. Next is the torso and biceps. Then shoulders and forearms/gloves. Last is the helmet. Once the torso is on, I can't reach my head or other arms to do anything.
I've had the complete lower (waist down) on and can move rather well. The boots have articulated toes like normal and I can brisk walk in them. No running LOL that would be bad. I used to be a hockey goalie, so moving around with couches strapped to my legs is not foreign to me. You have to duck walk. No video ATM but I hope that helps

Made a little bit of carving progress. This won't be as bad as I thought. Just have to take my time
IMG_20200526_194241497.jpg
IMG_20200526_194250237.jpg
IMG_20200527_204819427.jpg
IMG_20200527_204851023.jpg

This foam sands pretty easy and is very receptive to rotary tools. So much so, that if you're not careful it'll get away from you. I roughed the valleys in with a Dremel and an air grinder with a wood rasp bit. The rest is hand sanding. The last pic shows where I'll cut in to show the thickness of his robes. I'll wait til near the end for that part. It'll get brittle and don't wanna break anything off. I may try something with a soldering iron on some scrap to get some small, thin lines up near his waist. We'll see how bad it melts. That might be a no-no

Got some more carving done on the angel. This foam is like balsa wood if you've ever worked with that. It chips, knick's, and gouges everywhere you don't want it to! But, onwards
IMG_20200529_214656627.jpg
IMG_20200529_214721053.jpg

I might be able to fill in some of the little gouges here and there with Dap Quickseal to smooth it out somewhat. Once he's carved out I'll make the swords out of PVC foam board and some Eva foam on top to thicken them up. They'll get sunk into his robes so I'll have to cut an X right across the middle. Ugh! That'll be towards the end of fab. I've already got quite a few hours into him to be wrecking it.

Last edited:
Love your work and I have really enjoyed watching your progress! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the comment. I enjoy taking a lot of pics as I go and posting the results. Hopefully it inspires somebody to dive in and try something similar or at least get the ball rolling. Speaking of progress, got the swords figured out
IMG_20200530_221500864.jpg

These are just laying atm. I made them out of heavy poster board and Eva foam. They will bend nicely across his robe and I won't have to chop into it. The handles are 3/8" dowel with some ring details and a diamond shaped pommel. It's long enough that it'll have to go through his hands from the outside and get glued at the end

Got the rest of the carving done and everything glued home. I wound up cutting the hands loose so I could curve the swords downward toward the out side. Hopefully I won't snag them on anything.
IMG_20200610_192232919.jpg

I used a glue called Fuse-it to stick him down. The stuff will stick anything to anything. I also ran some skewers through him at an angle to help with some strength(I hope). I added a sash to his waist to even it out, it was a little craweyed. Now to let him dry and start painting.

Holy miles of paint Batman! Got the shield blocked in and started weathering the front. This seemed to take forever
IMG_20200628_203553494.jpg
IMG_20200628_203625827.jpg
IMG_20200628_203637266.jpg

At the moment I'm weathering on the right, there's a ton of realestate to cover. I also made a little waist charm just for idiot factor. I figure a little color contrast will help as there's a lot of metallic goin on. I still haven't even touched the back with paint yet. But that's only 2 colors and maybe a stenciled double headed eagle (aquilla)
Thanx for looking

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back