Warhammer 40K Space Marine Full Scale - New at this (WIP Breakdown)

Hey Hasenbrau,

I have a lot of tiny gaps and seams that I need to fill in. I hear caulk mentioned a lot, and you yourself said you used latex caulk, but I can't find any specific recommendations. There are so many options and to save money I was curious if you remember specifically what brand or type of latex caulk you used? Was it a mix of latex and silicone or just pure latex? Also, is it sand-able?

Otherwise great build. Builds like this give me to motivation to keep working.

Hi Kronogor,

I wish I could tell you the exact kind of caulk I used, but that was over 2 years ago and it was just what I had in the garage. I can't recall if it was sandable or not, but it was water soluble before cured. It would have been a caulk I had around to patch seams around bathroom tiles or window frames and wouldn't have been anything fancy or expensive. Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi Hasenbrau,
I realise your build is a few years old now but i was wondering if you can answer two questions i have?
1. What is the height of the stilts you used?
2. The 3/5" and 1/2" foam you use, where did you get it from? I have been trying to find large sheets of this foam everywhere but alas it appears it is not available here in Australia.

Thanks mate.

Hasenbrau!! Thank you so much! I just downloaded your template (going large) to build my very own Space Marine! Your pictures and comments are going to be a huge asset to this build. I'm a bigger guy (6'/250#) and most suits aren't designed for my unique physique. (iron man suit, for example). I'm looking forward to customizing!!

By the way... Did you ever finish the helmet or the backpack?

i am so glad I found this site!! Everyone here is fantastic and helpful!!

Hi there, just asking if anyone has the ZIP file for these templates at all please? had no luck obtaining them so far. Thank guys ! O7

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back