Warhammer 40K Inquisitorial Rosette

Fawbish

Sr Member
Just started messing around with 123d Design, and have thrown this together. The skull part is a section of a skull that has been designed previously. The colours are just to make it look a little nicer before putting it here.

I should be printing this quite soon so I'll see how clear the text and aquila come out.

SideProfile.PNGTop.PNGUnder.PNG

I vaguely predicted the small polygons wouldnt print very well, and the lettering would be a gamble. I lost the gamble and was right about the polygons. The rest came out OK however, the through the toughness of ABS, I simply sanded back the lettering and the polygons. So this is now ready to re-print detail pieces if needed and chemical weld more detail with acetone, however I might be at the limits of the detail on my particular printer.

I printed the skull section seperately after I modelled in my own support underneath the teeth etc. Then I acetone welded the skull to the main body.

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0154.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    555.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 572
Not particularly expensive for my stuff no. I bought a cheap initial printer (£500) which is the Da Vinci 1.0. However the cartridge filament is more expensive than normal filament (£30 per 600g roll)

However I do not print out every day so I dont use lots of plastic. Just as a hobby.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back