Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard Lasgun

leach145

Was wondering if anyone here had made or seen a decent imperial Guard lasgun from the Warhammer 40K world. I am hoping to base it around an airsofting gun so as to give me the option of using it for skirmishing. I want to make it to a high quality so it can be displayed along side my genuine film props.

Funny you should mention this, I'm making a Chain Sword for someone right now, when I get far enough along I will post a thread. I was going to look into one of the guns next, do you have any good pictures? I'm more than happy to take a crack at it. (provided someone else isn't already on top of this) and when I get a free moment from all the various projects I'm already working on.

Matsuo has a resin kit he offers I believe.

I am wondering if resin will be too brittle if I want to use it at all for airsofting!?! I am also keen to make it look as 'real' as possible so that although you can identify it as a 40k lasgun, you belive it could work.

I am also considering putting 'tracer' style bb's in it so as to give the laser effect.

Depends on the resin, but just about any resin object will break no matter what type it's made from. Some just take more abuse than others.

This is one of the Matsucorp Lasguns.
Lots of solid resin here, might be tricky to convert to Airsoft...

Was wondering if anyone here had made or seen a decent imperial Guard lasgun from the Warhammer 40K world.

It just so happens that I maintain an archive of 40k costumes and props:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/40kindex.html

You'll want the Imperal Guard section of the weapons page:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/40kweapons.html#impguard

For specific functional airsoft mods check out this page:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/igweap44.html

There are a lot of crap 40k props out there but also a fair number of decent and even good ones. Matsuo has done one of the best.

It was actually a gift from a very nice chap indeed, goes by the name of Sixty on the Legacy forums.

I made the G36 conversion one in Jackdoud's third link. I'll be seeing the current owner of the lasgun at the end of May so hopefully I'll get some better pics than the crappy iphone ones I took of it.

Theres going to be a few more 40K weapons for Jack to add soonish, including a laspistol and a varient of an inferno pistol Im currently building for an upcoming live roleplay game.

At some point I'll get to work on a chainsword too with moving teeth for my Commisar but thats probably going to be next year sometime.

I made the G36 conversion one in Jackdoud's third link. I'll be seeing the current owner of the lasgun at the end of May so hopefully I'll get some better pics than the crappy iphone ones I took of it.

Theres going to be a few more 40K weapons for Jack to add soonish, including a laspistol and a varient of an inferno pistol Im currently building for an upcoming live roleplay game.

At some point I'll get to work on a chainsword too with moving teeth for my Commisar but thats probably going to be next year sometime.

You must post some pix on here when you get them. Look forward to seeing the chainsword. Post some build pix.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back