Warhammer 40000 Space Marines

I've seen several versions of this armor, with varying degrees of craftsmanship.
But no one has done a mass release of this suit.
I know of someone who has plans for doing suits, but it's well into the future before he can get to that.

Another board member was going to do a limited run of suits, but that was years ago...and nothing ever came of it sadly.

Very interesting.
This and the Robotech Cyclone body armor are 'future' projects I'd love to tackle. I virtually grew up with both and would put a lot of heart into it. Would be awesome to do a really ornate, Space Wolf Legion Commander.

Maybe we should consider a 501st-type Space Marine Chapter ?

Only if someone builds suits...which hasn't happened...yet.

I can't believe no one has tackled this before, it seems like such a natural choice.
We've had just about every other concievable set of armor made, Jin-Roh, Master Chief from Halo. Maybe it's too complicated?

Originally posted by dropshipbob@Aug 17 2005, 10:19 AM
Maybe we should consider a 501st-type Space Marine Chapter ?

Only if someone builds suits...which hasn't happened...yet.

I can't believe no one has tackled this before, it seems like such a natural choice.
We've had just about every other concievable set of armor made, Jin-Roh, Master Chief from Halo. Maybe it's too complicated?
[snapback]1059548[/snapback]​

Naw, I wouldn't say it's complicated, I just think it's very eclectic. If I was to do it, I'd do the original pointy nose helmet, too. OLD SCHOOL.

In my opinion one of the biggest problems with making space marine armour is the size of it. If you think how few people on this site are tall enough to be vader, a space marine would make vader look small. There is no way you could make it look right. And in some ways the suits are quite complicated. But if anyone does make some, hell, id buy two...

Originally posted by Jamie Davison@Aug 18 2005, 05:29 PM
In my opinion one of the biggest problems with making space marine armour is the size of it. If you think how few people on this site are tall enough to be vader, a space marine would make vader look small. There is no way you could make it look right. And in some ways the suits are quite complicated. But if anyone does make some, hell, id buy two...
[snapback]1060524[/snapback]​

Average Space Marine stands without armor on an easy 7' tall and about 4' wide

so in armor Figure about 8' tall and about 6'6" wide. So talk about making a hole when walking through a crowd.

But like Jamie Davison said above, I would buy two if a viable version that did not weigh a ton.

Any chance of a few pictures of the most wanted, for those of us not familar with Space Marine.

"Average Space Marine stands without armor on an easy 7' tall and about 4' wide

so in armor Figure about 8' tall and about 6'6" wide. So talk about making a hole when walking through a crowd. "

Thats some impressive stats...

I hope these pictures work.

The first picture is of a space marine of the Blood Angels chapter, this is a statue that is in one of the games workshop stores, but I dont think it is to scale, as like jordankarr said they average at 8'

The second picture is of a chaos space marine, probably Khorne from the look of his armour, chaos would probably be my choice of armour if it was being made, but loyalist would be good to.

The third picture is of a model which someone converted, it is of Sanguinius, primarch of the Blood Angels.

The fourth pic is of the god-emperor who is kinda ruler of the universe. At the moment he is actaually half dead, got into a fight with horus (next pic)

The last picture is of horus, he was good, turned bad, killed sanguinius (at bottom of pic) and almost killed the emperor before he died.

If you want any more info/pics just ask and ill try help.

dscn1124.jpg

chaos-space-marine-vignette.jpg

47525593.jpg

emp.jpg

horus.jpg

Heres a bit of fun fact on Space Marines

Space Marine Daily Rituals

The Rules of the Warhammer 40k universe is that everything is big.

the picture below is a great example of the scale of the universe

also heres the list of augmentations the marines get
Implantation
Nineteen organs are implanted in a Neophyte to further bolster his combat and survival ability should he live to become a Brother-Marine. Each implant has a high margin of catastrophic failure and so only a small number of Neophytes live to become Initiates.

Secondary Heart - This is the first and least difficult implant to install. The Secondary Heart increases blood supply and pumping capacity and is capable of taking over entirely should the primary heart fail.

Ossmudula - This implant strengthens the skeleton of a Space Marine. Two years after the surgery, the Marine's skeleton will be exponentially stronger; and the rib cage will be fused into a solid bone plate.

Biscopea - Implanted into the chest cavity, this implant bolsters muscle growth throughout the Marine's body

Haemastamen - Implanted into a main blood vessel, the Haemastamen alters the Marine's blood composition to carry oxygen and nutrients more efficiently.

Larraman's Organ - This organ manufactures Larraman Cells. These serve the purpose of platelets, but act faster and more effectively. When a Marine is wounded, Larraman Cells are released, attached to leukocytes. At the site of the injury, they form scar tissue in a matter of seconds, effectively preventing massive blood loss and infection.

Catalepsean Node - Implanted into the back of the brain, this implant allows a marine to not sleep, instead entering a four-hour, almost comatose trance where they "recharge". The longest any space marine has every been on active combat duty without rest is 319 hours by the Crimson Fists.

Preomnor - The Preomnor is a decontamination chamber inside the chest cavity. It chemically analyzes ingested materials and neutralize toxins. The Preomnor enables the Marine to eat normally inedible substances and resist poisons.

Omophagea - Implanted into the spinal cord, this organ is designed to absorb DNA related to experience or memory. This enables the Marine to gain information, in a survival or tactical sense, simply by eating an animal indigenous to an alien world or situation.

Multi-lung - The multi-lung is a 'third' lung, able to absorb oxygen from environments poor in oxygen. Breathing is accomplished through a sphincter in the trachea. A similar muscle closes in toxic environments and oxygen is absorbed by filtering out the poisonous elements.

Occulobe - Essentially, this organ enhances a Marine's eyesight, granting him exceptional vision and the ability to see normally in low-light environment.

Lyman's Ear - This implant renders a Marine immune to dizziness and nausea(see Cochlea), and enables a Marine consciously filter out "white noise".

Sus-an Membrane - This implant allows a Marine to enter a catatonic or "suspended animation" state. It can allow a mortally wounded Space Marine to survive his injuries, and bring the metabolism to a standstill. The longest recorded period of this state was Brother Silas Err of the Dark Angels for 567 years.

Melanochrome - Linked to pigment cells in skin, this allows the Marine's skin to shield him from dangerous levels of radiation.

Oolitic Kidney - This organ works in conjunction with the Preomnor, filtering blood to remove toxins.

Neuroglottis - This organ allows a Marine to assess a wide variety of things simply by taste. From poisons to chemicals to animals, a Marine can even track its quarry by taste alone.

Mucranoid - Altering sweat glands, this organ secretes an oily substance that coats the skin, protecting it from extreme temperatures and to some extent, vacuum environments.

Betcher's Gland - Implanted into multiple locations inside a Marine's mouth, these glands transforms a Marine's saliva into corrosive, blinding acid.

Progenoid Glands - Implanted into both the neck and chest cavity, these serve to collect and cultivate the gene-seed from a Space Marine's body, and to safeguard it for the continuity of a Chapter.

The Black Carapace - The last and possibly most important of all implants, this neuroreactive material is implanted directly under the skin. After a few hours, the material hardens and interlinks with the Marine's own nervous system. Points are then cut into the Carapace which allows a Marine to directly interface with his Power Armor

wow... all that brings back fond memories.
I especially loved the plight of the Emperor. After his fight with Horus, he was so badly hurt, they basically planted him in the Golden Throne. If I recall correctly, humans were actually sacrificed daily to sustain his life force and brain power which was significant. I have the original hard back book that was published in the late 80's and it explains the story in great detail as well as all the other stuff about the Space Marines.

Obviously, very few of us are seven feet tall. But, I think a scaled down Space Marine is possible. Most of the shapes are very basic, but it would certainly require a large vacuum form table.

The Chaos marines are an awesome idea... but I still think I'd go with either a Ultra Marine, Space Wolf... or maybe a Legion of the Damned. Any old timers remember them.? White Dwarf issue 99.

Then... there are always the Terminators (not the Arnold kind). Damn, now that would be an awesome achievement.

terminator-art.jpg

I agree, one set of armor, two styles of helmets.

Once that's done, people can make individual alterations to their suits to make them different, or to make other types of suits.

This could also easily be changed into a Chaos Marine.

Originally posted by dropshipbob@Aug 19 2005, 01:19 PM
I agree, one set of armor, two styles of helmets.

Once that's done, people can make individual alterations to their suits to make them different, or to make other types of suits. 

This could also easily be changed into a Chaos Marine.
[snapback]1061192[/snapback]​

Yeah thats true. two helmets one style of armor, then customize. Shoulder bells should be blank canvas to be able to paint it any way you want or detail it.

Problem I am seeing is that the shoulder has an actual lip and would need to be done so that it looks thicker.

Another difficulty in doing Space Marine armor is the fact that they are not proportioned like humans. Scaled to height, they are MUCH wider than people are. I don't think the idea is impossible, but it will take a creative solution to get the scale and proportions to look correct.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back