Warehouse 13 credits scarab repaint UPDATE: Now with proper box

dinomike

Picked this baby up from The Museum Store Company site. Doing a repaint to better match the Warehouse 13 opening credits version.

RPFWH13Scarab001.jpg

The scarab as it was received from the store.

RPFWH13Scarab002.jpg

In the first coat of primer.

More photos to come as I get around to finishing. :D

Last edited:
Re: WIP - Warehouse 13 credits scarab repaint

Got around to doing more work on the repaint. Base coat of Badger Air-Opaque Green 7-41. A bit lighter than I'd like, but after I seal with dullcote and lay on some darker washes of green to bring out the details, it should be about where I want it.

RPFWH13Scarab004.jpg

Thanks! Dullcote is drying on the top now. Will shoot the bottom with some tomorrow, then it'll be time to break out the washes! Then I need to go get an anti-static bag... :cool

And this is it. Just need to get the anti-static bag to display it in. :cool

RPFWH13Scarab015.jpg

RPFWH13Scarab016.jpg

Looks great!!! Been meaning to get one, to display with my Farnsworth. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks! Waiting for the first of my Farnsworth parts. I plan a nice little Warehouse 13 display. :cool All I'll need then is a Tesla Gun.

That turned out really nice.

I redid my bag labels at 300dpi.
Looks huge but they should print out at 2.5" wide (each)
Sheet is 7.51x10.04
There are 8 on the sheet, plenty for bagging and tagging.;)

Here's the link

Decided to pass on the anti-static bag. I bought a copy of the box that Claudia lets the scarab escape from in the season 3 episode "The New Guy."

Just got the box. What do you all think? I'm thinking I may repaint the interior a slightly lighter brown to make the scarab stand out a bit more. The reason it stands out here is thanks to a strong camera flash.

Warehouse13scarabbox001_zpsae717a67.jpg

Warehouse13scarabbox002_zps8b76b33c.jpg

Looks neato! It makes such a difference having the box as well, doesn't it? :D

I'd say go for it - the original box has a tan suede lining & padding for the scarab to sit on, and the exterior of the box has been faded & weathered with light brown paint & dirt too.

Any ideas on how to get the existing felt lining out of the box? Or should I just try to "dye" it with acrylic paint washes?

Scratch that. I just found the pic of the box from the show. Looks like they just made an insert platform to set the bug into. The actual box is much deeper. Also looks like they just misted on some medium/light brown paint from an airbrush over the existing paint job.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back