Warehouse 13 Computer Monitor

RobertMuldoon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m planning on building a replica of the monitor from Warehouse 13. I had a search but I couldn’t find any threads on this, has anyone built one before?

All I have found so far are these two photos:
Warehouse_Monitor.pngnup_134149_0797-desk-6601.jpg

I also found this shot which looks like the bezel has escaped somewhere:
warehouse131.jpg

Does anyone have any more reference photos of it? I know they were built by Rich ‘Datamancer’ Nagy, but there doesn’t seem to be any shots of them on his website.

I’ve been poring over these images and my shopping list currently has these items (in no particular order :D):

• Wood/MDF for the base and bezel.
  • Strip of copper sheet for the base.
  • Brass nails/rivets.
  • Small brass hinge on the flap covering the controls – Should be easy enough to get from a hardware shop. I might also put a magnet on the flap to hold it down
  • Feet – Wooden knobs, another hardware shop item.
  • Plaque on base – Almost looks like a car VIN plate.
  • Brass accents down both sides of the front of the monitor bezel – look like dome headed furniture nails which should be easy enough to source.
  • Knobs on the front of the base – They look to me like they’re meant to be some kind of pull knob, almost like from a pipe organ, I’m wondering if I can find something similar for kitchen drawers or wardrobes or such.
  • Dials on the top of the base – They have a look of old Bakelite dials, but I’ve not IDed them yet.
  • Brass corners (both on the base and the corners of the bezel) – I think that these will have to be scratch made with some brass sheet
  • Handle on the top – Wire wrapped dowel would work, with what looks like fancy drawer handles cut in half holding it on.
  • Paint – looks like a dark matte grey with hints of gold/brass accents in places like the feet
  • Brass thing in the middle of top face of the bezel – It looks a bit like a doorbell, anyone got any ideas?
  • Brass swirly thing on the top face of the bezel – I have a nasty feeling that I am going to need to make one of these from scratch… I’m hoping someone here will be able to ID it
  • Socket/rivet on the side of the bezel – I wondered if this is how he’s holding the bezel onto the monitor.

Any help/advice/input gratefully received!

I've always thought of doing this. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Oh and if you google something along the lines of "brass corners" you'll find very similar types of brass corner covers. Check around etsy for some older ones.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back