War-Machine MkIII - Redesigned!!!

Re: War-Machine MkIII

Well i had decided to seperate the helm in order to do a proper fibre glass on the inside. Have some touch ups to do, but i am quite excited. Will post pics either tonight or in the morning...GM

2013-12-11115432_zps80e38fd3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-12-12070233_zps4ac9dddd.jpg

Just a couple of pics. Started the fibreglass, hope to finish by Friday. Then i can begin with the bondo...GM

Hey all. Today i just finished fibreglassing. Tomorrow i will be sanding and will start to bondo. Pics will soon follow...GM

Normally, if you want a nice finish, with perfectly bonds between parts, you wait till your bondo is applied and smoothed before cutting the parts. You'll now spare a lot more time trying to have a nice finish between your parts vs waiting after the bondo stage.

Just sayin .. you know, to help! :)

Normally, if you want a nice finish, with perfectly bonds between parts, you wait till your bondo is applied and smoothed before cutting the parts. You'll now spare a lot more time trying to have a nice finish between your parts vs waiting after the bondo stage.

Just sayin .. you know, to help! :)
And where were you last week.lol. GM

It's not too late .. restick those together with clips or epoxy or whatever that will make it "easy" to remove or cut back. As long as you have a solid bond.

People also used aluminim paper in the past, prevents resin to stick to both parts .. but that's when you want to separate AFTER resin stage. You want to go all back to a solid piece before bondo .. then bring really close to a finish state. Cut, and repair the seam line.

It's not too late .. restick those together with clips or epoxy or whatever that will make it "easy" to remove or cut back. As long as you have a solid bond.

People also used aluminim paper in the past, prevents resin to stick to both parts .. but that's when you want to separate AFTER resin stage. You want to go all back to a solid piece before bondo .. then bring really close to a finish state. Cut, and repair the seam line.

I sent you a PM

Hey Big turc i had pm'd you about the issue of technique. After sleeping on it, i decided that i'll let the punishment fit the crime. So i am going to stay on course with how i'm going about this. Perhaps it's the wrong way of doing a helm but in any case i'll gain some kind of experience. Thanx though for your valued input, it's much appreciated...GM

PMed you back anyway .. there's no ways that are wrong .. just different road to the end!

Cheers

I got your PM Turc and thanx for the detailed info on the helm. When i get to work i will look into how i can execute your suggestion on getting it back to one piece and starting over with the bondo. I originally separated it in order to do a proper fibreglass insidebthe helm. I have yet to successfully finish a helmet, and i just want to finally enjoy success. lol. Here's hoping that it works. Thanx very much for your help...GM

Well after a long winter of bitter cold, which has made me feel my age lol i'm starting back up. Worked a ton of hours and now it's time to jump back in. Very excited for this, i will be posting pics soon...GM

Hi guys, it has been too long. Came to the realization that what i wanted for this build i could'nt do with modifying an existing pep file nor could i create one. So with great thanks to Zabana for allowing me to use his MkI file as a blue print i guess you can say for the MkIII redesign. That's not the end of my list of thanks folks. Dirtsen a very talented modeller has taken my drawings and modeled them into 3D. Ghost Minion will be printing this up. These 3 gentlemen i cannot thank enough for the hard work that they had put into this. Zabana, Daniel, Chris Thanx for helping me bring this to life. Pics will come throughout the day...GM

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back