War Machine costume for 5 year old

Lad

Been browsing through theRPF and the 405th for awhile now, and finally decided I might have read enough to start my own build. Im currently in the process of pepping a War Machine armor for my son. Figured I should be done with this by halloween.

I forget whose files I'm using cause I renamed them on my laptop, but I know I got some files from Juice, Dubean & Robo, so thank you so much for sharing.

I'm messing with the scaling, cause I want it to look super-deformed (the cartoons with the big heads and feet and stuff).

Here are some pics:

DSC05839.jpg

The helmet is the only thing I've been able to glass and bondo so far.
I'm a little hesitant about putting in the eyepiece, might really mess up with his visibility (any suggestions?)

DSC05838.jpg

DSC05837.jpg

The bicep, forearm & shin seem to fit my son perfect (and have that nice super-deformed concept I'm going for). Think I'll make the shoulders a little bigger.

DSC05836.jpg

Looks cool! I wish we could get our two 5yr olds together this Halloween - they'd be the dynamic duo! lol

I actually worked with my son for quite a while on the eyes. He wanted them to light up, and he didn't mind looking out smaller slits. I also image the faceplate will be UP most of the time, so visibility won't be much of issue.

If was doing it over, I'd just put some thicker plexi in the eye's with some LED's pointed down on the top edge. That would provide a nice 'glow' but allow him to still see out of the full eye space.

Add a mirrored sun glasses lens behind the lit plexi and you'd also NOT be able to see your son's eyes... just the glow.

Can't wait to see how it turns out for you! I started with resin pep parts and have now moved to foam building (to provide more comfort as he wears it). I'll be very interested to see how your full resin suit will come out! I'm sure it will be killer!!!

Subscribed! :):thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back