War machine 1st attempt

Stuff's pretty cheap anyways. Extra points if you can get them to cut down a 10' length to size at the store for free :D

Yesthey usually have tools there that you can use..i cut mine there and pay for them...so they can fit in my truck with no ropes

men that's very impressive.....i actually finish my helmet in paper whit the pdo files.....i try to doit as you....the most decent as possible....and i think it become much better than my first one thanks for the cardboard technique and also for your work i want to see your helment painted
i have another question.....you'll paint the suit as in the movie or like the hot toys figure in special edition?:popcorn
War_MachineMILK_2op.jpgHot-Toys-Iron-Man-2-War-Machine-Review-By-Gamu-Toys-Link-01.jpg

exelent!!! It looks like the milk version in the picture ihave an answer what number of sandpaper/s did you use for the sanding i use 100-150-220 for my ironman mark vi helmet but.....i don't know i don't really love it :(

I used 60 to knock of bondo..then 120 havent done anything finer than thatuntil i get the last details I'll go with 220
Maybe 400 anything above that usually used for color sanding..

Last edited:
So I had the day off yesterday worked on the helmet all day it seems like i will never finish... It also looks like i didn't get much done on it visually...but here are some pics

I had to redo this piece because i lost it...

I used the My coaster metod didn't feel like pepping the tiny stuff
20130925_175137.jpg

20130925_200508.jpg

Messenger_5788864277578389477_13801727957233881.jpg

Im not sure but both helmets that i made had this small gap in the lower part of the ear... I either my pepping skills aren't good or that's how they all come out....

Heres what i mean..
20130925_205442.jpg

So here's how it looks fixed..
20130926_020323.jpg

20130926_020504.jpg

20130926_020513.jpg

Now this wont be the last coat of primer still need to sand with finer grit and add the little screw and tiny details..
20130926_021122.jpg

I've drilled shallow holes in and then resined in cut-off screw heads,but it was pretty challenging for me to drill a really clean hole through featherlight filler.

So this is a rookie question...ikinda know but just want to make sure...

Who knows the best paint that matches the original war machine colors? I know is a gun metal gray and silver not 100% sure...iwould really appreciate it...thanks..

Well im thinking its going to be another Halloween without war machine theres so much left I have to do been concentrating on my helmet haven't had any time for the rest of armor..I don't know how some of you do it..that can turn a complete suit in a matter of weeks.....I guess im just super slow...but oh well.....the good news is that Im going to learn how to cast/mold....my helmet...another project in the works...:0)...ive done stuff to the helmet but just fine details..i don't want to bomb the thread with pictures of helmet.. I have enough already..lol...well next on the list shopping for paint.....

Don't feel too bad, you aren't the Lone Ranger on this! My War Machine is still not done too! I wish I had stayed with the mk3 Id have had two done by now lol! It will be worth it in the long run! I just hope I'm not 80 years old when I'm done lol!
M

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back