Morelock

Having watched the 50th anniversary special this afternoon there's something that has never struck me before about the War Doctors Sonic. Why did the production team adapt a CO Baker Sonic when surely it should have been a McGann version as a transition Sonic for Hurts Doctor? Maybe I'm biased, as the McGann Sonic has to be my favourite (I owned a superb metal spring loaded one that alas was lost/stolen at a comic con a few years back), but it would have looked so much better with that copper band. What a wasted opportunity and a silly oversight. that red cap thing at the end of would have sat better too, as McGann's version had a flat bottom. Oh It's just a random thought before I hit the sack, but it's got me puzzled and now I've got it in me head I'd kinda like to see what The War Drs Sonic would look like with a McGann refit.

The point was to use a cheap readily available toy to save time and money. The toy Paul McGann Sonic Screwdriver didn't have any moving parts. The 4th Doctor sonic screwdriver had moving parts which made it a little more visually interesting, especially when they added the light. I actually hate the war Doctor's sonic screwdriver because it shows little to no effort from the prop department. It looks like a cheap toy on screen, of coarse it is, but it shouldn't have looked like one.

Ah, I didn't realise that the 8th Drs toy didn't have moving parts. So it couldn't collapse, or be pulled down like the 4th Drs? Shame.

Yes I agree, it was a very shoddy & lazy option. That said there wa no real need to change 8th Drs design. It's this silly notion of different Doctor, different Sonic. Thinking about it now, a variation on the Eccleston Sonic would have been better as he regenerates straight after the story.

I always thought the inside of the TARDIS for The War Dr messed up the notion that RTD had re it had grown & been botched up over the (time war) years.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back