Wanted: Hawkman screen grabs

Darth Cross

I thought I'd try my hand at sculpting and have started a Hawkman helmet from Smallville. I've been able to find some halfway decent pics on the web. But I could really use some better shots of the helmet.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Richard

Thanks a bunch Nicky. Those are much better than any that I've got. :thumbsup

Now I see some areas that I've got to improve on.

Hawkman WIP

I thought I'd post a pic of my progress so far. I've got quite a bit of work to go, but I couldn't resist sticking on the wings and taking a quick picture. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but sometimes my cellphone just won't take good pics no matter what I try.

Richard

I guess I need to give everyone a quick update on my progress. I've completed the sculpt and molded it. But I tryed to get by with some cheaper silicone and the molds didn't turn out very good. I can get pulls from them, but they need a lot of work to clean up the castings and make them presentable.

But I am currently working on getting a casting cleaned up so that I can remold it with a better quality of silicone. And then I'll have a helmet worthy of showing off here.

Richard

I've been working on the first pull from the first set of molds (the messed up ones), just to see if it would be worth my time to rework the parts for recasting.

This first pull was pretty bad due to several things like not getting the gelcoat quite right, not having enough materials on hand, rushing the job, the terrible shape of the molds, and not knowing the areas I should have paid enough attention to while casting this up.

But after a bit if cleanup work this is the result. I didn't work out all the imperfections on this for a few reasons. First because of how much work it would have taken. Second because the original pics show a dented and scarred helmet, and I think this just makes it look a bit more "battle damaged". And the most important reason, I'm impatient!!! :lol

Here's a couple of pics of it. It is wearable, but I couldn't take any good pics of it on me.

Once I get the molds redone and some good pulls from them I'll start a thread in the Junkyard.

Richard

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back