Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Hey Tommy thanks for posting your photos comparing the suzahdi and magnoli jackets. your one looks great!

i would love to get a magnoli jacket but with rounded shoulders, and the oversized collar on the original ugg using the same shearling that suzahdi uses on theirs but i guess ill have to wait until the pointy shoulder issues have been ironed out.

I wonder if Indy could use the same shearling he uses for his 2049 Coat for the Grimes Suede Jacket? I think it would be a better fit to the original UGG at least in terms of color.

Attachments

• 257db75d34b987a3621d2be82dee050d.jpg
    257db75d34b987a3621d2be82dee050d.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.14.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.14.51 PM.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 217
Okay, I finally got around to making comparison shots (thanks to Just A Dead Man ) of the sample materials that Indy Magnoli is currently using for his replica and the original UGG jacket side by side:

suede and fur.jpg

As you can see the suede sample is a good tone lighter than the original suede. That's also the reason why the stitches don't quite work: they don't 'pop' like they do on the original jacket, because there's no contrast. The brown stitch thread on the sample also has a glint of yellow in it, whereas the original stitch thread is brown with a faint reddish glint. The stitch thread on the sample might still work somewhat if the suede color was darker, but since the ribbed fabric basically has the same color as the stitch thread on the original the whole 'integrity' of the color scheme would be somewhat compromised. The suede material itself is good though.

The fur is also too white still. It needs to be more yellowish brown. It's also faux fur, which has a tendency to show its white background fabric at the edges where the fur is turned over (most notably the edge along the zippers and the top edge, and the collar tip where the zipper edge and the upper edge meet).

ribbed fabric.jpg

As for the ribbed fabric, the sample is just darker purple while it's (faintly reddish) dark brown on the original instead. Like I said earlier, the color of the ribbed fabric appears to be the same as the color of the stitch thread. (Ignore the red fabric in the bottom right. It's an innocent bystander).

Hopefully this will make it more clear what the current situation is and hopefully we can further improve the replica jacket one way or another.

Hi guys! First time poster here. One thing I noticed in episode 4x11 (which seems to be backed up by the Stunt Double's shot of the screen-used jacket), is that the original UGG lining is clearly visible on the left and rightmost sides of the jacket's interior, interrupted by the lycra. However, the larger piece of lining (which would normally be centered in the jacket's interior) seems to be missing, along with the UGG label:
Lining Shot.png

It's also possible they relined it in plain brown, but I'd be surprised if that was the case. I would guess it was done mainly to get rid of the UGG label, but it seems excessive to get rid of a whole third of the lining. I'm not sure if this is something that we'd want taken into account when having a replica of Rick's jacket made, but I thought it'd be worth pointing out.
Let me know your thoughts on this - I hope it's helpful!

Attachments

• Stunt Double shot.jpg
    Stunt Double shot.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 247
Hi there Twelfth Doctor and welcome.

That is an interesting find you point out. I didn't realize that actually. James also posted that same picture showing the jacket without lining but I didn't notice anything different. Indeed, it looks like they took it out to get rid of the UGG label. I guess it's a matter of personal taste whether or not to include that in the replica. Personally I'd love to have the interior intact, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Okay, I finally got around to making comparison shots (thanks to Just A Dead Man ) of the sample materials that Indy Magnoli is currently using for his replica and the original UGG jacket side by side:

As you can see the suede sample is a good tone lighter than the original suede. That's also the reason why the stitches don't quite work: they don't 'pop' like they do on the original jacket, because there's no contrast. The brown stitch thread on the sample also has a glint of yellow in it, whereas the original stitch thread is brown with a faint reddish glint. The stitch thread on the sample might still work somewhat if the suede color was darker, but since the ribbed fabric basically has the same color as the stitch thread on the original the whole 'integrity' of the color scheme would be somewhat compromised. The suede material itself is good though.

The fur is also too white still. It needs to be more yellowish brown. It's also faux fur, which has a tendency to show its white background fabric at the edges where the fur is turned over (most notably the edge along the zippers and the top edge, and the collar tip where the zipper edge and the upper edge meet).

As for the ribbed fabric, the sample is just darker purple while it's (faintly reddish) dark brown on the original instead. Like I said earlier, the color of the ribbed fabric appears to be the same as the color of the stitch thread. (Ignore the red fabric in the bottom right. It's an innocent bystander).

Hopefully this will make it more clear what the current situation is and hopefully we can further improve the replica jacket one way or another.
Hey all! Haven't been present in the thread lately since it seemed like we had a solution but apparently we're not quite there.

Great comparison Razor, I'm glad I can actually see the coloration difference! Can't believe this threads almost 5 years old and we still haven't completely nailed it yet...

So now it basically seems to be just fabric coloring as the remaining issue, at least we have proper suede and shape down. Has anyone forwarded or tagged Indy for this updated comparison? It may help with future productions, I'm considering placing an order by the end of October hoping to receive it by New Year's before I take a road trip in January and pass through Senoia. Would love to take a pic by Alexandria's wall in proper attire!

So, I bought a jacket from suzahdi. They changed the under arm material, it's a bit dark, but I like it. The jacket looks good, but there are a couple of things that are bugging me. The collar is a bit weird as I cant get it to lay flat and then the pointy shoulders. It almost looks like it has padded shoulders or a sport coat look. I'm wondering if a tailor could fix these issues. Anyone tried this route to fix the pointy shoulder or am I stuck with it?

We've continued to make these jackets for customers with regular tweaks as requested but it seems different people see (or just want) different detailing, so it's been difficult to settle on one regular pattern. At this point, feel free to contact us directly to see if we can accomodate any specific requests.

We've continued to make these jackets for customers with regular tweaks as requested but it seems different people see (or just want) different detailing, so it's been difficult to settle on one regular pattern. At this point, feel free to contact us directly to see if we can accomodate any specific requests.
Has the pattern been updated since you guys had the black UGG in hands? Ie has the shoulder issue been rounded out?

Everything has been updated from the previous version so, at this point, it's really just down to personal preference (like that modified collar that people can't seem to 100% agree on)...

Everything has been updated from the previous version so, at this point, it's really just down to personal preference (like that modified collar that people can't seem to 100% agree on)...

Tom's post shows the current jacket (though he requested it with a plain lining): Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Hi Indy, any thoughts on the comparison pics that I took with the samples used for the current version compared to the original jacket?

Razor1986 We can definitely reference these for anyone wanting to order a new jacket.
I'm sure everyone who has been following this thread would love to see some pictures first of the new colors if possible.

I can't quite tell by the pictures Tom posted, the shoulders definitely look better but they still look kinda pointy as Razor1986 mentioned in a comment earlier.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone who has been following this thread would love to see some pictures first of the new colors if possible.

I can't quite tell by the pictures Tom posted, the shoulders definitely look better but they still look kinda pointy as Razor1986 mentioned in a comment earlier.

This exactly. As for the pointy shoulders, that also has to do with the measurements of shoulder width, width at the armpits and how deep the curve of the arm openings cut into the jacket, causing the jacket to pull at the chest and causing something of a "hinge effect" when you raise your arms causing the sleeve to turn into shoulder pieces making it look 'pointy'. Which again is the reason I opted for a prototype with original measurements and NOT custom measurements which could affect the overall shape and model of the jacket.

On the opriginal UGG jacket the cut of the arm opening is pretty shallow allowing for a lot of room at the chest, which is precisely what largely negates this hinge effect and the pointy shoulders (in conjunction with the shape of the cap of the sleeves). My White Sheep Leather jacket had a way deeper cut, causing the jacket to pull at the chest and had the pointy shoulders.
I just hope that my UGG in XL is correctly patterned because if one were to order this jacket and ask to do an exact copy of the original XL UGG jacket that I sent to them you SHOULD be getting everything correct. And if you were to ask for an L, all the measurements are already available to get the same accurate pattern for an L, so everything SHOULD be correct there as well.

However... having all the original pieces and info laid down in front of you and putting them together into an accurate replica apparently are two entirely separate things and somewhere somehow things get lost in translation.

Last edited:
I’m currently trying to source some things on my own for Indy to use on my jacket, my zippers came in a few days ago the color isn’t quite right and the size is off even though it is technically size #8. The second picture is comparing it to an Ugg jacket my fiancé has which is using the same zipper used for the Belfast waist pockets. So far it’s the closest I’ve been able to find and I’m thinking about just using them anyway. As for the Shearling I’ll post some pictures of what I’ve found I think it’s overall pretty close color wise, the texture not so much and I’m not sure if it will be to thick for Indy to work with. Just wanted some feedback to see what you all think.

Attachments

• 8A975927-CE55-4193-8BA4-CD529885EDF7.jpeg
    8A975927-CE55-4193-8BA4-CD529885EDF7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
  • 23573621-1E41-4890-91C7-89D7740549BC.jpeg
    23573621-1E41-4890-91C7-89D7740549BC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
  • 04034C33-6BDC-406E-9E16-3F3C977C918C.jpeg
    04034C33-6BDC-406E-9E16-3F3C977C918C.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 214685DE-EB3F-40C7-B09F-F547A61AFE2B.jpeg
    214685DE-EB3F-40C7-B09F-F547A61AFE2B.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 198
I’m currently trying to source some things on my own for Indy to use on my jacket, my zippers came in a few days ago the color isn’t quite right and the size is off even though it is technically size #8. The second picture is comparing it to an Ugg jacket my fiancé has which is using the same zipper used for the Belfast waist pockets. So far it’s the closest I’ve been able to find and I’m thinking about just using them anyway. As for the Shearling I’ll post some pictures of what I’ve found I think it’s overall pretty close color wise, the texture not so much and I’m not sure if it will be to thick for Indy to work with. Just wanted some feedback to see what you all think.
Perhaps a size 10 in a more gold finish would be more accurate?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back